Information and Communication technology (ICT) Intern
IDLO internship programs are designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship between IDLO and university students, young graduates, post-graduate students, or persons similarly situated (collectively referred to as Interns). IDLO offers interns an exceptional learning experience in an international organization and increases their awareness and knowledge of legal issues in the development arena. Internships also benefit IDLO by allowing participants to contribute their skills and competencies to the realization of IDLO’s strategic goals and mission. Interns are fully involved in the work program of the Unit or Department that has selected them to carry out assignments relevant to their studies and experiences under the supervision of IDLO staff. IDLO provides all full time interns with a monthly stipend of €600. Internships are offered for 3 months and are renewable up to a maximum of 6 months. Full-time placements (5 days a week) are strongly preferred. Applicants available for less than 3 days a week will not be considered. For more information about IDLO’s Internship Program visit: http://goo.gl/ZeG1un.
IDLO’s ICT Unit is responsible for ensuring that IDLO takes advantage of effective and efficient information and communications solutions that enable and facilitate IDLO’s execution of its mandate.
An ICT Intern is sought for an interesting professional learning opportunity to contribute to the work of the IDLO HQ ICT Unit with an immediate start. Under the supervision of the ICT Team Leader, HQ and in collaboration with relevant colleagues, the intern will be asked to support the unit with the following duties:
- Assisting with troubleshooting computer hardware and software
- Assisting with cloning and Software installations and configurations
- Setting up computer workstations
- Setting up teleconference & video conference meetings
- Requesting desk phone service activations and mobile phones configurations
- Ad hoc end-user support via email, IM, phone or in-person
- Ensuring requests are properly opened, resolved in a timely manner, documented and closed in the ticketing system
- Other similar duties as assigned by Supervisor
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Undergraduate level degree or high school diploma preferably in related field.
- Currently enrolled in, or completed, a university degree with a focus on Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Italian and English are required. Any additional work languages would be an advantage.
- Experience in and/or understanding of Computer (laptop/desktop), hardware and software, Microsoft Office suite.
Technical and behavioral competencies
- Good level of ICT proficiency, particularly with Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, Adobe products and other popular applications is highly desirable
- Knowledge on general computer repairs and hardware and software troubleshooting would be desirable
- Familiarity with networking, telephony, tele/video conferencing, smartphone hardware and software (iOS, Android, etc.) and mobile phone service technologies
- Knowledge of Service Desk ticketing systems would be an advantage
- Knowledge of ICT Behavioral competenciesGood team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in multi-cultural settings; and
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a small team, and doing so in a well-organized manner and exercising sound judgment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process. All applications must include (as an attachment) an updated Resume/CV and a Cover letter.