Requisition ID: req4802
Job Title: Education Manager - Bekaa
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Education Manager (Bekaa) will supervise the start-up and ongoing implementation of safe and appropriate community-based education activities done through direct implementation and with partners as part of a broader education strategy.
- Effectively manage the education team in the governorate, including ongoing technical and operational support
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery of education programming in the governorate, that is responsive to the needs on the ground and well coordinated with all education actors
- Coordinate with Partnerships team and Education Coordinator in supporting EDU partners in the Bekaa
Who this position reports to:Education Coordinator
Staff Supervision & Development
- Directly supervise education staff in Bekaa.
- Support the provision of ongoing supervision, leadership, training and technical support and guidance to all program staff. Ensure staff adhere to best-practice principles when working with children, youth, and community members.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Plan/coordinate and oversee staff workplans, work and vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities.
- If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies.
- Mentor and support staff’s professional development and foster a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming.
Activity Planning & Implementation
- Prepare and maintain/update detailed workplan(s) that support and achieve the overall grant timeline and completion date
- Provide direction and monitor staff in their implementation of the workplan and quality of technical activities, share relevant information and direction to improve quality and achieve timelines
- Approve expenditures to designated level; assist in managing and monitoring monthly expenditures and tracking budgets.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required under the grant and for internal M&E purposes.
- Produce/contribute to internal and donor narrative reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements.
- Ensure that the program is implemented according to schedule and budget and that project objectives are met.
- Ensure that the project undertakes continuous monitoring and evaluation so that activities are appropriate and based on a clear understanding of the problems, causes, contributing factors, and issues specific to out-of-school or at-risk children and youth.
- Support the collection, analysis and dissemination of project data and information for problem analysis, planning and evaluation with all stakeholders.
Coordination & Representation
- Work closely and coordinate with logistics, finance and grant staff to ensure timely and complaint program activities and expenditures; including active participation in internal meetings.
- Work closely with other IRC programming sectors to ensure information sharing about geographic targets, cases to be referred or supported by other sectors, and holistic integrated support to communities; continuously coordinate with other program managers including child protection, protection monitoring and information sharing, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development.
- Undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and other implementing partners.
- Coordinate with and/or advise peer agencies, local government, and other stakeholders to promote delivery of high quality education programming and to ensure adherence to best practices for education in emergencies.
- Assist in the collection of data, assessments and proposal development for the sector.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management andliaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Collaborate closely with Partner staff in the field supporting technically when needed
- Participate in the different processes of the partnership management such as but not limited to the due-diligence process, review of work plans, partnerships meetings as well as review and reflection visits
- Work closely with the coordinator and the partnerships unit to identify potential partners.
- Co-lead the review of the performance of the partner, of the IRC, and of the partnership, including successes, challenges and lessons learned.
- While working on an IRC project, you are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the country employment policies.
- Bachelor of Education, social sciences, international development or related field.
- Clear understanding of education in emergencies, including barriers that children face in accessing their right to education.
- 3-5 years professional experience in teaching or school administration, providing teacher professional development/training, psychosocial support activities, curriculum development, community mobilization for education.
- Previous experience leading teams in education programming.
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops on education topics.
- Familiar with emergency contexts and issues.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods of community development and mobilization.
- Comfortable attending and facilitating meetings and representing education issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Fluency in English and Arabic strongly preferred
- INGO experience preferred
Travel and other requirements: The position will be based in Bekaa, with some travel required between the governorates and the main IRC office in Beirut.
WOMEN OF ALL BACKGROUNDS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY