WASH Program Manager, South Sudan
South Sudan (South Sudan)
Are you an experienced Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) professional with a longing to serve as the hands and feet of Christ? Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a WASH Program Manager for our office in South Sudan, where we have answered the call to bring a tangible representation of Christ’s love through the delivery of safe drinking water and hygiene to a people in need. Intrigued? Read on to see if you could be the one to answer the call!
Description of Job Duties:
- Designs and improves the technical engineering implementation aspects of the Samaritan’s Purse WASH Program in Ajuong Thok and Pamir Camps.
- Manages a staff of Water and Sanitation Engineers and Technicians in all areas of water and sanitation technology.
- Coordinates and leads any emergency relief situations involving WASH efforts, creating and drafting technical designs, and submitting regular reports on the work being completed.
- Responsible for reporting, cross-departmental coordination, financial accountability, external stakeholders’ engagement, supporting project managers, and coordination in the WASH sector.
- Monitors the events/outputs to ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Ensures the program meet donors requirement including time frame, resource allocation, scope, and risk management.
- Ensures the program stays within the work plan and within the scope of overall Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan WASH programming.
- Works with program departments and operations manager to create update and attain the WASH implementation plan as per the set standard.
- Ensures the project will satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries. Provides oversight of water source construction and sanitation projects to ensure quality.
- Ensures WASH plans are developed and implemented with community engagement, taking into account local needs.
- Upholds a high standard of quality by ensuring all programs refer to technical standards, conform to government standards, and are aligned with internal and external strategic objectives.
- Represents Samaritan’s Purse WASH program in coordination meetings with UNHCR and other camp management meetings.
- Trains national staff in WASH-related technical areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in water supply and sanitation engineering, hydraulic engineering, civil engineering, or related field.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least three years’ work experience in similar WASH role.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience working with UNHCR is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Auto CAD, EPANET 2, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Diplomatic in communications with all NGO, governmental, and community partners.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment.
- Must be culturally sensitive and respectful of church leaders from all denominations.
- The WASH Program Manager must work outside in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat when conducting field visits.
This is a 24-month position with the possibility of extension.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To receive consideration for this position, please submit application, cover letter, and current resume through the link, below: