The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Genetic Resources Program (GRP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide efficient and timely administrative support to assigned scientific staff and team in all aspects of administrative work such as but not limited to, travel arrangements, procurement, warehouse withdrawals, processing of payment requests, coordination of request to corporate services units, and other programs, translation, etc.
- Assist the Program Coordinator in logistics arrangements for GRP led events such as, transport booking, airticket purchase, accommodation reservation, meals and coffee services and venue and materials preparation.
- Ensure that relevant administrative documents are properly archived and summary records (logbook) are kept and updated regularly for immediate and future reference.
- Perform other related task within the job level as maybe requested by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- At least 1 year experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer orientation, Achievement orientation, Time management, Multi-cultural Awareness, Communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork and Pro-Activity.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19143 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, March 20, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.