Project Management Assistant
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Management Assistant to support the Global Wheat Program (GWP) Physiology team.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop and prepare of reports to donors.
- Assist with proposal development (non-technical) and follow through.
- Support with publication and other media (Literature searches, Website management, Literature and publication database e.g. Mendelay).
- Develop informative and promotional documents.
- Coordination of student and visitor, i.e. terms of references, including link with CIMMYT academy (non-logistical).
- Other support tasks as required by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree or master degree in in administration or other field related to job description
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Excellent interpersonal relations and ability to work in a multinational environment and with regular interaction with public and private organizations.
- Excellent computer skills, including in MS Office software.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Customer Orientation, Communication, Time Management, Multi-Cultural Awareness/ Sensitivity, Strategic Thinking and Decision-making.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19165 Project Management Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, April 23, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jocelyn Alvarez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.