Requisition ID: req5072
Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Part-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: IRC Global
The Ebola Response Grants Coordinator will work remotely and will provide half time grants management support to Emergency Unit Led Ebola response. The Grants Coordinator will assist in the development of all proposals, be responsible for tracking, coordinating the development and submission of all donor reports. In coordination with Field Director she/he will contribute to fundraising initiatives for the response.
The Grants Coordinator will work in collaboration with the country program and all support departments. The Grants Coordinator will report to Field Director.
Grants & Compliance
- In coordination with Field Director ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent and accurate (proposal, interim or final report)
- In coordination with Field Director, Field Coordinators organise Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants review meetings which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, logistics) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as FM01, BvAs, procurement planning and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles
- Coordinate with IRC NY, monitor implementation of program to ensure they are in accordance with donor and IRC internal requirements and act as focal point in all communications with IRC Regional Unit and IRC NY office on Grants management issues, including sharing of monthly grant tracking updates.
- Maintain proper records of all Grants
- Act as focal point in facilitating proposal and donor report reviews and approvals by technical advisors and other relevant persons at HQ (including maintaining OTIS).
- Act as custodian of documentation of institutional knowledge and program activities in coordination with relevant sector supervisors and coordinators.
- Train and support program staff on donor compliance, report writing, project and budget monitoring, record keeping, and Grants management.
- Work with Field Director, FieldCoordinators, TechnicalCoordinators to support the process of quality proposals andthe development of new projects and funding proposals
- Assist the DDP to align new proposals to the country Strategy Action Plan ( SAP)
- Liaise with NY grants units, technical units to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply are donor compliant
- Visit field sites in order to work directly with program staff on the development of proposals and to regularly visit IRC program activities
Fundraising & Visibility
- In coordination with Field Director cultivate donor relationships nationally and for specific target regions
- Track upcoming opportunities by priority sector
- Develop a communication and visibility strategy and support preparation of materials such as brochures and newsletters.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in humanitarian or development programs; regional experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with international non-governmental organizations in the area of grant management previous experience in working with European and US public donors.
- Previous successful experience developing projects and writing proposals to donors.
International experience with experience in Africa.
- Skills and Abilities: Strong proposal writing and budgeting skills, IT proficiency, excellent communication and writing skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team setting, ability and willingness to travel to remote areas, and ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent English and French language written and verbal communications skills are required.