HEAD OF MISSION PAKISTAN (M/F) - ISLAMABAD
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Opened in 2008, the mission is located in Islamabad and has implemented programs in Peshawar and Tharparkar. The main thematic for the programs are the following one: food security, livelihood, child Protection.
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a head of mission (H/F) based in Pakistan (Islamabad).
He/she is responsible for:
- The coordination and the management of the overall planning and direction of SIF's operations in Pakistan
- The overall program development and program implementation;
- The staff management,
- To ensure that appropriate logistic structures and procedures are established and / or are maintained in accordance with the SIF guidelines,
- Guaranteeing the respect of SIF procedures, policies and best practices,
- Representing the SIF toward local authorities, and the different stakeholders (donors, local NGOs …)
- Identifying and securing institutional donor’s funding **
Minimum 5 years of Previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGOs in similar context.
Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding
Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities. **
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- French fixed term contract : 6 months
- Remuneration according to SIF salary scale
- Monthly perdiem
- Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.