The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The African Health Diagnostics Platform (AHDP) initiative is focused on strengthening laboratory systems to improve access to quality diagnostic services. CHAI has been selected to implement the AHDP activities in its partner countries with an aim to design, implement and assess a public private partnership (PPP) between partner governments and their respective private partners.
This agreement aims at improving access to reliable, quality diagnostic testing in Rwanda to improve patient care and the wellbeing of Rwandans.
CHAI is looking for a Health Financing Senior Associate to support the government of Rwanda in creating an efficient plan for and negotiation of the PPP agreement. The Senior Associate will provide high-level technical support to the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC) in driving strategic planning and execution of the PPP. He/she will assess the feasibility of the PPP in pilot sites, identify resource gaps and other potential pitfalls, and support the government to establish a rigorous health financing plan to support a successful implementation of the project.
The Senior Associate will report administratively to the CHAI Program Manager, Public-Private Partnerships and will take programmatic direction from the Ministry of Health and Rwanda Biomedical Center Leadership. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, outstanding understanding of laboratory systems. The candidate must be self-driven, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with fast-paced work. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. They should have proven ability to understand PPP models in the health sector with experience in working at country strategic advisory level. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, humility, integrity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Develop and deliver data-driven analyses, concept notes, and presentations to inform strategy and evidence-based decisions, including but not limited to:
- Analyze the PPP, clarifying its structure, cost, impact, and feasibility
- Assess private partner capacities, cost structures, and recommendation of operational models to sustainably implement the PPP needs
- Map sites and volumes and review current public laboratory services
- Establish target price points and criteria for applicant eligibility to ensure linkage with PPP model objectives
- Estimate PPP delivery costs for private partners and establish benchmarks
- Conduct resource forecasts
- Map the health financing context within which PPP would operate, including who pays for what services; current contracting and payment modalities; available funding, and ongoing domestic financing reforms;
- Provide strategic and operational recommendations to Ministry to Health and Rwanda Biomedical Center Leadership, including financial and technical recommendations for the scale up of the project;
- Advise on key requirements including operational model options, financing, and governance needs to deliver on PPP;
- Conduct problem assessments and determine corrective action;
- Identify any political, legal, programmatic and financing constraints to reliance on private providers, and the assess the feasibility of overcoming those;
- Develop strong working relationships with Government counterparts, CHAI country and global teams, and other stakeholders;
- Assist in building capacity at different levels of the Rwanda Biomedical Center and Ministry of Health, from the technical level to leaders of government, including capacitating the Government to implement and manage the PPP; and
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as laboratory sciences, health economics, finance, business, or other relevant disciplines preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional work experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public sector and/or private sector (e.g., management consulting) and at least 3 years’ experience working with high-level health management positions;
- Laboratory and diagnostics-related experience;
- Experience informing development of government strategy, policy, operational plans, and budgets, preferably in health or health systems;
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills, including attention to detail and experience in modeling using Microsoft Excel;
- Exceptional diplomacy and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to navigate government processes with multiple stakeholders and work independently on complex projects and proactively manage projects with minimal supervision;
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb and synthesize a broad range of information;
- Ability to assess PPP models and provide tangible financial and technical recommendations and analyze systems holistically and advise on effectiveness of program, systems or procedures;
- Ability to identify key gaps and recommend practical, realistic interventions for operational improvements and achieve results and to be effective in high-pressure situations; and
- Strong command of the English language.
- Professional experience working with government authorities in developing countries, with experience in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience working in public health and with international organizations;
- Familiarity with a broad range of key global health issues, including health systems or health financing challenges in developing countries.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qynpqn7p4qnxd6cp