Logistics Coordinator in Nigeria
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a Logistics Coordinator (H/F) based in Maiduguri.
To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessments analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
To define the procurement plan of the mission and ensure its implementation
To supervise shipments and deliveries of materials
To ensure a smooth management and follow-up of the mission’s stock
To supervise the follow-up of the equipment, its maintenance and traceability
To supervise the vehicles planning and renewal.
To manage rental contracts and follow-up of the costs
To manage the logistic staff : briefing, planning, follow-up, management, performance interview, technical capacity buildings, etc.
To implement the security policy in cooperation with the Head of Mission.
To participate in the evaluation of the general security, the procedures definition and updating
To represent SIF
- At least 5 years of experience in INGOs
- Minimum 2 years of expatriation as Logistic Coordinator or on a similar position
- Significant experience in security management within insecure and volatile countries
- Significant knowledge of humanitarian environment, donors, procedures and guidelines, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Knowledge of donors environment and guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in logistic planning, budget management, reporting writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and supportive management style (experience in managing national and expatriate staff)
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in working in insecure environments with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
- Good knowledge and management of Windows systems, MS Office suites, especially Word and Excel
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values is necessary
- Starting date : June 2019
- French fixed term contract : 4 months
Remuneration according to profile
Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.