Senior Quality Assurance Expert (Preschool Education)
Under the supervision of the Education Specialist, the Senior QA expert will work as a UNICEF team member and support implementation of the Education WP 2019-2020 in the area related to ECEC. Duration of the assignment: July 2019 - December 2022
Early childhood education and care is a right of all children and a global commitment recognized by the UN’s Sustainable Developmental Goal 4 with the objective to ensure that all boys and girls have access to quality early childhood education and care by 2030. The Strategy of the Development of Education in Serbia until 2020 has set priorities and main objectives in ECEC:
- increasing enrolment of children aged 3-5 in ECEC to 75%,
- improving quality of ECEC,
- enhancing efficiency and relevance of the ECEC system to assure accessibility, equity and quality of provided early childhood education and care.
In order to strengthen capacities of the pre-school teachers for implementation of the new pre-school curriculum and approach - in the next 5 years, with the WB loan, the MoESTD is adding about 17,000 preschool spaces for children, and will roll out a comprehensive capacity building programme (training, mentoring, coaching, horizontal sharing) for 12,000 pre-school teachers. Team of consultants will work together to deliver complex capacity building programme and to provide technical support.
Work Assignment Overview:
Under the supervision of the Education Specialist, the Senior QA expert will work as a UNICEF team member and support implementation of the Education WP 2019-2020 in the area related to ECEC. The incumbent will support the implementation of the capacity building programme, providing timely technical inputs to all aspects of the programme (development and delivery of all types of trainings and capacity building, input and revision of all deliverables and materials needed for the capacity building programme), etc. The senior QA expert will coordinate the expert team, trainers and mentors engaged in the project.
Duration of the assignment: July 2019 - December 2022
- Support UNICEF team in developing the Theory of Change
- Support UNICEF team in main critical points of the technical work related to development of the capacity building programme and resources for the dissemination of PCF
- Provide quality assurance of all training materials and resources developed for the implementation of the capacity building programme
- Support capacity building and work of the trainers/mentors’ pool
- Provide support to knowledge management and preparation of communication materials
- Provide support to development twinning concept through visits to good practice kindergartens
- Contribute to donor reporting
- University degree in Education, Preschool Education, Early Childhood Development, Pedagogy, Psychology, Sociology, Special Pedagogy or other fields of Social Studies and Humanities;
- At least 8 years of experience in education policy in Serbia, including Early Learning;
- Experience in design and realisation of teacher training programmes, mentoring and supervision;
- Excellent knowledge of ECEC policies and major initiatives, including inclusive education;
- Knowledge of all regulations in the field of preschool education;
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving;
- Sound judgement in follow-up on requests;
- High degree of accuracy;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines through excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent English and Serbian skills, spoken and written.
How to apply:
The application must include a financial proposal in RSD as a separate document, providing the following information:
- Daily rate (all costs to be included e.g. health insurance, pension, usage of mobile phone),
- Daily travel allowance for overnight stay in Serbia (including accommodation),
- Transportation costs per km.
The closing date for applications is 14th June 2019.
Important note: Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply.