Requisition ID: req5194
Job Title: Finance Officer - Budgeting and Reporting
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
This position will be based in Lebanon/ Beirut and will assist the FIN MNG (BUD&REP) for the IRC Lebanon. This requires a motivated, flexible, problem-solving team-player with excellent analytical, excel, communication skills and the ability to priorities activities and work to tight deadlines.
The Budget & Reporting Officer assists the Assistant Finance Controller by managing the day-to-day budget and grants management function. Under the guidance of the Assistant Finance Controller, the Budget & Reporting Officer makes sure the budget and grants management issues are immediately attended and that the donor budgets are prepared in accordance to IRC and donor requirements and are submitted on time. In addition, he/she will ensure that grants are fully implemented in compliance to donor regulations and IRC requirements and donor reporting is on time.
Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows:
New proposal Development
- The Budget & Reporting Officer will assist the Assistant finance controller for new budget preparations.
- Under the guidance of the Assistant finance controller, conduct a thorough preparation of new budgets and existing grant budget revisions ensuring that all costs are covered and are not under/over budgeted in addition to correct use of the IRC and donor budget formats.
- Calculate and Insert the correct SPC for all new grants budgets and field offices.
Grant Management & Reporting
- Prepare the monthly Budget Versus Actual (BVA) reports and distribute on time.
- Review the budget spending and advice relevant staff on spending status and ask for feedback on all over/under spending.
- Prepare and update spending plan for all active grants in conjunction with the appropriate budget holders.
- Review and update the commitments lists from SC, Admin& HR to be included in monthly BvA’s.
- Participate in the monthly Grant review meetings and present the spending status. Follow up on the action points based on the comments from the meeting.
- Attend and provide support in all grant opening, review and closing meetings.
- Provide support and feedback to Operations and Program managers for all questions regarding the BVAs.
- In compliance with donor requirements propose and prepare adjustments entries, attaching all supporting documents for finance records and posting into SUN system.
- Prepare the new budget line coding (T2 codes) for each new grant and update in SUN system.
- Assist in preparing Donor Financial reports for all grants for review by the Assistant Finance Controller. Make sure the reports are in compliance to donor reporting formats and timely submitted as per contractual requirements.
- Provide update on grant spending status to direct supervisor.
- Provide analysis of grants spending plan vs. actual spending.
- Review PRs and advise charge codes.
Month Closure and monthly reports
- Support in month-end closure tasks including salary & benefits allocation (local & international payrolls), shared program cost allocation, pre-paid expenses allocation, HQ expenses and others
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Assistant Finance Controller Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Finance Controller
Internal: The Assistant Finance Controller, Finance Controller, all finance staff, Grants Department, Program and support unit staff.
External: Local donors if required. The Sr. Regional Controller, UK Office, IRC’s Program Field Coordinators and Program & Finance staff in other IRC offices managed through IRC Lebanon office if the job requires that, though in coordination with direct supervisor or FC.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance, or equivalent technical training certificate in Accounting.
- Excellent knowledge in Excel.
- Working experience on budget preparation, budget management and financial reports will be an added advantage. This job requires strong analytical skills to be able to make logical and strategic budget decision.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to function comfortably in loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills especially in excel.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Language Skills: Excellent English and Arabic, French is add plus.