National Communications Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date and time settings
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
• Contribute to the resource mobilization efforts of the Country Office and to the preparation and implementation of a fundraising strategy for both long term projects and eventual emergency response needs;
• Working under the supervision of the FAO Representative, implement and update the country communication strategy and other plans as needed;
• Develop and produce communication products to showcase FAO’s work and advocate for needs in the sector, including but not limited to key messages, briefs, brochures, talking points, success stories and presentations;
• Liaise closely with the Programme Unit to ensure coherence and accuracy of information used in communication products;
• Develop and maintain a network of media contacts in the country; organize press conferences/briefings; draft press releases, media-style briefs, talking points and Q&A;
• Liaise with relevant departments of the Office for Corporate Communication (OCC) at FAO Headquarters and the FAO the Regional Communications officer at the FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP) to facilitate exposure of the work of FAO Philippines and needs in the agriculture sector, ensuring accuracy/relevance of content developed and disseminated;
• Facilitate proper dissemination at country, regional and global levels of communication products, including publication on FAO or partner websites, liaising closely with OCC and the Regional Communications Officer;
• Advise on strategic documents in English, in close collaboration with relevant programme staff;
• Provide communication support for events organized by FAO and in which FAO is participating;
• Ensure that FAO Philippines is adequately represented in the UN Country Communications Group (UNCCG) and the Humanitarian Communications Group (HCG) and other relevant fora/meetings to ensure sectoral priorities, the needs of affected populations and the mandate of FAO are well represented;
• Ensure the collection and production of stories, interviews, photos and videos;
• Assist in the identification, communication and promotion of lessons learned and improved practices;
• Regularly update the FAO Philippines website;
• Manage the FAO Philippines social media presence by regularly developing and posting content in the locally-managed Twitter account and regularly contributing content for HQ-managed accounts such as Flickr, Facebook and others.
• Substantial experience (5 years) of communications and staff engagement within a high profile global organization, involving the use of new and traditional media is required for this post.
• Working knowledge of English
• A national of Philippines
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and operational knowledge of Adobe programmes such as Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Knowledge of HTML and experience with Typo 3 would be an advantage
• Experience in producing a large volume of communication products, including but not limited to newsletters, web and social media content, etc.
• Experience working with various media outlets in the Philippines and the Asia-Pacific region, as well as social media
• Experience in organizing events and high-level meetings and receptions
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a large workload to achieve set objectives under tight deadlines
• Strong project management skills, including keen attention to detail and ability to follow tasks and ideas through to completion
• A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs in an evolving and complex humanitarian and development context and within multidisciplinary teams
• Competent in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders
• Proactive and solutions-oriented approach to work and the ability to identify and implement effective processes for achieving outcomes
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team and with people from diverse backgrounds
• Strong understanding of United Nations and FAO’s work
• Experience working for a development and/or humanitarian organization
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.