Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide inputs in the elaboration of work plan
- Assist in arranging logistics, preparing agenda and coordinating with related stakeholders for organizing workshops and meetings as and when required
- Assist in minutes taking for program/project meetings and in drafting research reports as required
- Assist in coordinating of the planned events of the project
- Assist in drafting inputs for the project’s reports
- Contacts with stakeholders/visitors and project personnel, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Translation of simple correspondences from Bahasa Malaysia to English and vice versa, when needed.
- Maintenance of records/ documents/ files relating to the project in a user-friendly manner
- Be responsible for assigned correspondence and other admin tasks including creating e-requisitions and travel requisitions
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, and processing related documents
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats, seminars & meetings
- Assistance in proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Check related forms delivered by Implementing partners/Responsible Parties for completion before submitting to the Programme Support Unit for verification
- Proper receipting of goods and services
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memorandum and reports to partners
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources as required
- Maintain a proper filing system for financial records ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Assisting in organizing, executing and coordinating logistical requirements by drawing up an event time-line, programme schedule and checklist for successful holding of events
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Assist in the maintenance of records on assets management
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience working with NGO/CSO on programme/projects for Orang Asli/Asal will be preferred.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.