Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual project workplans and related sub-plans (procurement plan, quarterly plans if required, and others as necessary)
- Ensure timely and good-quality implementation of workplan activities
- Continuously monitor progress against the approved work-plan; Identify changes in the external environment and promptly agree necessary solutions/actions (ex. related to the planning and implementation of activities, need for new activities) with UNDP office and Project Board
- Monitoring expenditure to ensure that it is in line with approved budgets, AWPs and UNDP Programme/Financial policies.
- Implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Monitors financial exception reports of developing projects for unusual activities, transactions and investigates anomalies
- Coordinate and Control of Combined Delivery
- Periodic monitoring of dashboards and exceptions, identification of remedial actions.
- Assist UNDP CO in implementing new standards and procedures in consistent to international standard (like IPSAS).
- Systematically apply best practice in project/programme management and implementation of the project.
- Be familiar with the activities of other development projects in the sector/area, establish contact and keep up-to date with their work
- Create and maintain partnerships with local institutions, private sector in the project’s target areas
- Regular exchange of information/experience with other projects, cross-learning and sharing results and good practices
- Capture lessons learnt during project implementation – a lessons learnt log can be used in this regard
- Participation in regular internal meetings
- Participation in training events, communities of practice, codifying and sharing knowledge
- Facilitation and organisation of training for project staff to enable them to perform at the required level
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of ATLAS system desirable
- Excellent knowledge of financial rules and regulations, accounting
- Excellent knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum 5 years (with Masters’ degree), or, minimum 7 years (with Bachelors’ degree) of relevant experience at the national and/or international level in project/programme formulation, management, accounting, finance, operations, administration or audit services.
- Experience working with NGO/CSO on programme/projects for Orang Asli/Asal will be preferred.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.