Supply Chain Officer (Re-Advertisement)
Supply Chain Officer - National Contract
We are looking for highly qualified Supply Chain Officer for our Support Services Department in
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we
provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We
work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees
settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We
work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an
international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is
a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality,
participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the Job
Responsible for Supply Chain (Procurement of goods/services, Logistics, Asset, Inventory,
Warehouse and Fleet management. Provision of general support to the Program for Supply Chain
This role has an area office focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within
the area. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into
action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country
operations while overseeing area office activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support and administration
• Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
• Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs related to Supply Chain.
• Effective maintaining the asset database.
• Provision of weekly and monthly activity reports to Supply Chain Manager
• Effective warehouse management, including reporting and alert mechanism to Program
• Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of Supply Chain team
• Effective communication with Program staff on daily SC activities
• Establish effective procurement processes for daily support of Program needs
• Based on Program needs, maintain and implement Procurement plan
• Provision of effective tracking mechanism in procurement
• Ensure that all Supply Chain specific donor requirements and policies are understood and
• provision of effective Fleet Management to the country operations
• Optimize Supply Chain processes in order to assure the cost effectiveness by setting up long term
• Provide Fixed asset management support
• Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
• Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes
To be successful in this role, you must have Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics,
procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution,
warehousing, and stock management
• Good understanding of public procurement rules and regulations s
• Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language: Turkish
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding
and performance. You must be available to start work from 01 July 2019 and be willing and able to
work in Kilis.
This position is on Employment band: H
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences. DRC Turkey
is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be
in the same language as this vacancy.
Note: CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please
Applications close 16 June 2019.
The interviews are expected to take place within 1 week after the application close date. Qualified
candidates could be contacted before the deadline for a technical test and interview.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of
concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and
professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against
sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive
background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to
secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit