Medical Officer (m/f/d) - National position
Medical Officer (m/f/d) - National positionMalteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001, Malteser International currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of our work in Shan State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Medical Officer (m/f/d) - National position.
- To work very closely with the HIV Manager by taking necessary inputs and guidance and applying them in work place
- Responsible to update and report to HIV Manager about relevant information, difficulties in work place in timely manner
- Maintain a “client-friendly” atmosphere that is non-judgemental but supportive to clients, regardless of their background
- To provide best possible clinical management - patient care, quality diagnosis and drug management, by following standard guidelines for STI, HIV/AIDS, OI etc.
- To ensure smooth operation of clinics and outreach activities in locations. Responsible for to collect, compile, analyse, and discuss timely progress data of outreach activities and to prepare appropriate reports
- To oversee the team and actively take part in Health Education, Home based care, Home visits, Social and Welfare support activities in both locations
- Responsible for tracking PLWHA’s and to monitor their adherence to ART
- Licensed medical doctor
- Previous experience working with teams in a community health program for a least six months
- Previous experience in cooperating and negotiating with the government will be an asset
- Understands challenges faced by rural communities in relation to poor health and lack of knowledge
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with the local communities
- Fluency in local community languages will be an asset
- Experience working with UN or NGO will be an asset
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Shan State, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: Until 31st Dec 2019 (extendable)
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th month salary & health insurance
- Kindly note that this is a national position