Chief of Party
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming Nairobi-based USAID/Somalia’s Monitoring, Verification and Reporting Support (MV&R) Activity.This will be a five-year activity to holistically assist USAID Somalia in tracking and monitoring Implementing Partners’ (IPs) performance to ensure they are accomplishing the tasks they set out to achieve.
The USAID MV&R mechanism has four core activities:
* Monitor, verify and report on activities carried out by IPs across Somalia, through site visits and the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information.
* Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) on IP indicator data by applying the five data quality standards (validity, integrity, precision, reliability, and timeliness).
* Provide logistical and administrative support, and facilitation services when needed for USAID meetings with partners or other stakeholders as requested by USAID.
Provide continuous performance management support, including technical assistance and capacity building to USAID IPs and USAID staff.
* Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor and reporting to both.
* Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of this contract and oversee all quality control and reporting.
* Interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, and government officials.
* Provide vision and overall leadership to project staff.
* Ensure provision of timely, relevant, high-quality services to IPs and USAID.
* Identify adjustments in scope and operations to ensure that the project adapts to changes in need and context.
* Provide quality assurance and responsiveness on all aspects of the MV&R lifecycle including design, data collection, analysis, reporting, and learning.
* Ensure all USAID rules and regulations and CAMRIS policies are followed.
* Supervise and empower all technical and administrative staff on the project.
* Collaborate closely with CAMRIS headquarters technical and operations staff.
* Represent the USAID Somalia MV&R team at local, regional, and international meetings, as required.
* A graduate degree in management, international relations, statistics, economics, demography, political science, or related field.
* At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience managing multi-million-dollar development projects.
* Prior experience in a high threat environment.
* Prior experience working on USAID projects.
* At least three years of experience as a USAID COP, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
* Extensive knowledge of USAID ADS 201 and monitoring and evaluation requirements.
* Experience managing complex, multifaceted, multi-year tasks and projects/ programs.
* Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds.
* History of completing high-quality products on time and within budget.
* Familiarity with USAID human resource, financial management, travel and procurement requirements.
* Technical knowledge desired of performance monitoring, evaluation methods, collaboration and learning, adaptive management, indicator development, data collection and analysis, and performance reporting.
* Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.