Junior Consultant – Human Resources/Recruitment
UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in some 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. UNDP helps countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. UNDP supports the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as they help shape global sustainable development for the next 15 years.
The UNDP Junior Professional Officer Service Centre (JPOSC) is an end-to-end human resources service centre. Among other activities, it manages several young professional programmes, including the Junior Professional Officer (JPO), Special Assistant to the Resident Coordinator (SARC) and Specialist Development (SDP) Programmes whose overall goal is to provide young professionals the opportunity to gain experience in the field of international development cooperation. These programmes aim build capacities for the global development sector, while providing UNDP and other UN organizations with young talent with promising professional development. The JPOSC is also responsible for the management of other externally-funded talent programmes, such as Government Secondment Programmes and Fellowship Programmes.
The JPOSC is looking for a consultant to provide support to recruitment activities with a particular focus on the operational aspects of recruitment s, which includes vetting and screening of candidates, planning, organizing interviews and facilitating interviews, collecting and verification of references and interacting with candidates and receiving offices/hiring units. The consultant will support the candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
VI. Application Procedure
Candidates are requested to submit an application including: 1) a CV outlining previous experience in areas related to this Terms-of-Reference, and 2) a brief financial proposal including a daily and monthly fee.
Given the short-term and time-bound nature of this consultancy, a desk review will be conducted to determine the final candidate.
Evaluation process and contract award
The selection of the best offer from the candidates will be based on a combined scoring method – where the technical criteria -qualifications and experience will be weighted a maximum (70%) of 70 points and the Financial criteria will be weighted a maximum (30%) of 30 points out of 100 points. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of the pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Criteria for the selection of the best offer:
Technical evaluation (desk review) - Total 70% (70 points):
- Knowledge of, or direct experience in the area of recruitment (45 points)
- Prior experience with international recruitment (10 points)
- Prior experience with an international organization (10 points)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English – competency in other UN language(s) especially French and/or Spanish is an asset (5 points)
Financial evaluation - Total 30% (30 points)
VII. Working arrangements
UNDP will provide office space, working equipment, access to internet and a printer during the assignment.
VIII. Payment modality
Payments are to be made monthly based on an all inclusive daily fee for actual days worked and upon delivery of the services specified above and deliverables accepted and upon certification of satisfactory completion by the manager.
For the General Conditions of contracts for the Services of Individual Contractors, see:
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will undertake the following duties:
Deliverable 1: Coordinate recruitment process for fellowship programmes and selected JPO positions.
- Design of recruitment strategies for fellowship programmes
- Design recruitment strategies for fellowship programmes, including assessment techniques to be applied, roster/pool approach, timeframe, distribution of responsibilities
- Prepare vacancy announcement
- Collaborate with JPOSC communication team on outreach activities
- Screening of candidates:
- Review and verify applications against set corporate requirements
- Compile preliminary longlist
- Coordinate finalization of short-list for final approval
- Planning of competency-based interviews
- Prepare interview questions
- Set-up interview panels
- Send invitations
- Facilitate interviews
- Prepare interview reports
- Soliciting and verifying reference checks
- Prepare and maintain selection records
Supporting other related activities, as applicable
The consultant will report to the Manager of the JPO Service Centre, Office of Human Resource. The consultant will be responsible for the fulfilment of the deliverables as specified above.
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration or other related field
- Experience in the field of recruitment, including outreach, assessment and selection,
- Experience with administration of recruitment processes
- Prior experience working with international recruitment will be considered an asset.
- Prior experience from an international organization will be considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English - competency in other UN language(s), especially French and / or Spanish, is an asset.