GLF Fundraising and External Engagement Consultant
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
GLF Fundraising and External Engagement Consultant
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is a partnership initiative led by CIFOR through its GLF Team. The team is based in the new CIFOR office in Bonn, Germany and the CIFOR headquarters in Indonesia. The GLF Team is responsible for delivery on all GLF activities, and for expanding the GLF partnership and community.
The GLF is the world’s largest multistakeholder platform on integrated landscapes and aims to create a movement of one billion people around productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient landscapes. Founded by CIFOR, UN Environment and the World Bank, with 23 charter members among the world’s leading development organizations, and core funding provided by the German Government, the GLF operates from a Secretariat in Bonn and focuses on five main themes: restoration, finance, rights, food and livelihoods, and measuring progress.
Since 2013, over 180,000 stakeholders from more than 4400 organizations and 185 countries have engaged with the GLF in person and online, with stakeholders from community and indigenous peoples organizations, finance, civil society, government, media and the youth. We have reached 500 million people online and through traditional media The GLF is founded on four principles: connecting, sharing, learning and acting and has produced global conferences in the following cities: Warsaw, Lima, London, Paris, Marrakech, Jakarta, Bonn, Washington DC, Nairobi, Katowice and Kyoto. And in 2019 we will be in Bonn, New York, Accra, Luxembourg and Santiago.
From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes, to developing a gold standard for Indigenous peoples rights, to supporting the Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, the GLF has been at the cutting edge in hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment, and for the achievement of global climate and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Together we will create a global force to contribute to achieving the SDGs and climate agenda by creating a positive vision of what we can do if we all work together.
BE A PART OF A GLOBAL MOVEMENT. BE A PART OF THE GLF.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work towards expanding and solidifying partnership efforts around GLF activities.
- Manage and assist in partner relationship management with potential and current GLF partners.
- Conduct regular correspondence with potential and current partners regarding various GLF activities.
- Identify new partnership and fundraising opportunities.
- Manage all external communications with potential and existing sponsors, published and online.
- Liaise cross-functionally with other GLF activity streams based on the needs of potential and current partners and on planned GLF activities.
- Represent the GLF by convening and attending partner meetings as necessary, including conducting ‘site visits’ when appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of partner outreach strategies and core messages.
- Build and maintain a functional database of past, current and potential GLF partners.
- Prepare internal and external status reports evaluating GLF partnership efforts.
- Undertake regular global travel to event locations and for partnership meetings.
- Support the Coordination Team in preparing and executing GLF core activities.
Education, knowledge and experience
• BSc or MSc (preferable) in academic field that is relevant to one or more of the GLF themes and sustainable development goals
• a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in coordination and engagement or science and knowledge management in developing countries
• ability to produce high-quality written content
• good understanding of international development and/or environment policy processes
• experience in planning, implementing and evaluating complex projects
• fluency in English is essential; other languages (esp. French, Spanish, German) an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• strong client service approach
• resourceful, adaptable and self-directed, and able to find creative solutions
• passion for excellence.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a full-time consultancy position.
• CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. CIFOR will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided that he/she complies with the local requirements for working at the posting location. Being a citizen of an EU country is preferred.
• The period of the consultancy is expected to be June 2019 – April 2020.
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• This a home-based position but preferably in Bonn, Germany.
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
To learn more about GLF, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 15 Jun-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.