Job title: Human Resources and Administration Assistant
Employment category: Band NMI
Reporting to: Base Manager.
Direct reports: N/A
Unit/department: Human Resources-Administration
Authorization level: As per IDRA
Overall purpose of the role:
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The HR Admin Assistant role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to DRC operations. Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to DRC Human Resources Policies.
Geographic scope: Country (Yemen –Abs )
The duty station of the HR/Admin Assistant will be based in Abs with possibility to move to the field frequently and other offices for support if needed.
· Compilation of Administration and Hunan Resources Key Performance indicators.
· Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order.
· Payment of office and guest house bills.
· Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRC’s HR manual.
· Responsible for the office supplies.
· Ensure that leave, recruitment and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
· Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
· Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
· Prepare employee contracts.
· Maintain confidentiality and safety of all personnel and recruitment documents.
· Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date: -personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security,
· Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation
· Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction.
· Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
· Any other related duties as /when assigned by supervisor.
· Train all guards and cleaners on policies and procedures and what to do in an emergency, and other relevant fields
· Make sure all staff members are trained on HR policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, First Aid and other trainings as part of DRC mandatory trainings package at least once a year.
• Deal with all administrative aspects of general office and housing, including necessary repairs & maintenance are complete in a timely manner, in coordination with the Logistics /Assistant.
• Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
• Lease new offices and houses by selecting suitable location and prepare contracts with close collaboration with security focal points.
• Establish central mail recording system and filing system.
• Ensure each DRC staff member have an Identification card (ID) with the period of validity in accordance with the employment contract.
• Ensure staff members sign an equipment voucher and this is field in Personnel File.
• Responsible for providing efficient and effective office administration.
• Create and maintain all relevant administrative documents.
Experience and technical competencies:
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.) and Essential qualification
· Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Business Administration, or related field.
· At least 1 years’ experience as an HR and Administrative generalist, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, training and development and Office Administration
· Top-tier written presentation and verbal communication skills
· Ability to convey information effectively and solid experience providing training and staff development in English and Arabic.
· Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, strong ethics and ability to manage delicate situations diplomatically and lead to effective resolution.
· Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
· Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships.
· Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Find the definition of DRC’s Core competencies here
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
§ Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
· HR/Admin Team.
· Base Manager.
· All support and program teams.
¨Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
¨Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
¨Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.