Intern, “Procurement Support Services to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine” Project
The UNDP internship programme offers an outstanding graduate-level student the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNDP's work with the objective of deepening his/her knowledge and understanding of UNDP’s goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
Under the overall guidance of the Procurement Support Services to the Ministry of Health Project, and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Intern provides the assistant support to Project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Effective assistant support to the UNDP Procurement Support Services to the Ministry of Health Project with the focus on following:
- Insure routine support to the Project, such as support to organization of various meetings; distribution of information among key stakeholders; processing of the correspondence; translation of documents from/to English; support to preparation of documents, assistance to the respective Focal Point with keeping updated asset records, office supplies management.
Support to organization and carrying out the meetings, seminars, roundtables, conferences. Specifically:
- Preparation of agenda, minutes, lists of participants;
- Preparation and distribution of letters to the stakeholders;
- Provision of logistics and administrative support to organization.
Support to preparation of publications on project activities. Specifically:
- Drafting news for UNDP web-page, UNDP FB page, etc on Ukrainian and English;
- Comparison of English and Ukrainian versions.
Support in the preparation of the reports in the framework of the Project. Specifically:
- Collection, analysis and processing of the data obtained, ensuring detailed description of the project activities.
Impact of Results:
- The assistance support to the Project is provided on time and with high quality.
- Demonstrates keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Proved capacity to collect, process and analyse complex data and information;
- Understanding of the official development assistance specifics;
- Ability to effectively communicate with the partners;
- Understanding of UN/UNDP mandates and specifics of activities;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude, pro-activity;
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure;
- Diplomatic skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolled student of graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in Management, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science, International Relations or related field;
- Enrolled student in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent) in Management, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science, International Relations or related field;
- Graduate student within one-year of graduation of any of the above.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required; Russian/Ukrainian is an asset.
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. Applicants for internship must therefore carry adequate and regular medical and life insurance. Proof of medical coverage/visa must be provided before the internship commences.
Applicants for internships must submit the following documentation:
- UNDP Internship Application form;
- Copy of the most recent CV in English;
- Letter of motivation;
- Letter from his/her University confirming current enrollment and graduation date, if applicable, or copy of a Diploma for graduate students;
- Copy of a school transcript;
- Endorsement letter or letter of reference from a faculty member.