The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC is in the process of setting up a mixed migration response in Medenine, which would include asylum seekers, refugees, migrants, returnees and host community members. The response will be multi-sectoral (shelter, NFIs, Protection) and both in and out of centres.
- Assist in the implementation of emergency response activities comprised mainly of non-food items distributions.
- Assist in the identification of beneficiaries, design and implementation of vulnerability criteria
- Assist on discussions with target populations and implementing partners
- Assist in monitoring the process of registration by implementing partners
- Support mentoring implementing partners on key concepts of vulnerability and targeting
- Assist in distribution of non-food items in foyers and in host communities
- Ensure protection mainstreaming throughout distributions, including manning complaints desks and implementing referrals to protection teams
- Support implementing partners on follow up of complaints and improving future distributions
- Support implementing partners in the set up and maintenance of beneficiary databases
- Ensure confidentiality of beneficiary data and adherence to information sharing protocols
- Support M&E teams on the set-up on complaints and feedback mechanisms
- Support the Emergency Officer in preparing project briefs, reports and presentations as required
- Oversight of implementation activities through partnerships to ensure compliance
Education and Experience
- Diploma in a relevant field
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience
- Experience in administrative tasks
- Prior experience with international development organizations and displaced population highly desirable
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in French and Arabic. English is desirable.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Contract: 3 months, with possibility of extension (subject to funding and performance)
Starting Date: ASAP
Duty station: Medenin, Tunisia – with travel around Medenine district
For information about our work and organisation, please visit our website www.drc.dk.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis .
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you experience problems with your online application.