Business Support Assistant (M&E) SC5, Beirut
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
This Vacancy Announcement will close on 21 June 2019 at 11:59 PM Rome Time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
Remuneration: Salary is offered based on local Salary Scale for Service Contract holders, starting from LBP 3,080,000/month
- This position is open to qualified Lebanese nationals or Work Permit Holders Only.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Assisting more than 90 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
In Lebanon, WFP works to support approximately 700,000 people with regular assistance using e-cards. WFP also supports Lebanese schools with school meals, and has run over 300 development activities which include supporting rural infrastructure, as well as education and training opportunities for vulnerable individuals in families. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Programme.
The post is based in Beirut CO and the incumbent is to report to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer.
To support standard business processes (M&E and VAM) for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery and to deliver quality products (e.g. reports) with limited oversight.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer , the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Collate Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM), Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and other relevant programmatic information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Respond to standard queries by field office and/or country office team and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for WFP’s operation.
- Draft and proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, presentations etc., making changes in line with established guidelines in a timely manner.
- Contribute to improvement of M&E/VAM business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform analysis of primary and secondary data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Collect, clean, organize and compile primary and secondary data into the existing databases and maintain corporate applications systems.
- Draft lessons learned and conduct reviews for programme activities and serve as evaluations focal point.
- Monitor the monthly M&E data upload from FO teams into data management system
- Compile monthly information on the movement of M&E field associates
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with teams on the field including regular follow-up and trainings
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Secondary School Education. A University degree will be desired in any relevant field including but not limited to Business Administration, Political Science, International Affairs, Public Policy and Nutrition.
Experience: At least Four (4) years in the field of reporting, report writing, data management and infographics
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French language is an added advantage
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Very good experience utilizing computers including Microsoft Office specifically Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Experience using SPSS or STATA is a plus.
- Ability to undertake basic statistical analysis.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate communication with teams including ability to contribute to the effective implementation of programmes and policy discussions.
- Knowledge of humanitarian and development activities and procedures in the country are a plus.
- Detailed-oriented and accurate.
- Excellent English writing skills are a plus
- Team player.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.