Coordination Analyst UPGIP
La Paz (Bolivia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Articulate, facilitate and coordinate the interagency actions that will be implemented by the Agencies, Funds and Programs of the United Nations System involved in the Urban Agenda and Gender strategy projects as previously agreed upon by the UNS in Bolivia under the coordination of the RCO.
- Support UNS’ work with key partners to facilitate the implementation of the Programme for the New Urban Agenda and the Coordinated Gender Strategy;
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to the Programme for the New Urban Agenda and the Coordinated Gender Strategy implementation as well as analysis, studies, inputs to publications, as requested.
- Coordinate with the UNS in Bolivia the process of information gathering and collaborate on the elaboration of progress reports on to the Programme for the New Urban Agenda and the Coordinated Gender Strategy implementation; Draft reports and compile information for donor and other reports requested by UNDP and support on its final elaboration.
- Support the organization of interagency meetings, conferences and other activities, including the identification of participants, preparation of background documents and handling logistics in response to the Programme for the New Urban Agenda and the Coordinated Gender Strategy’s specific requirements.
- Support the implementation of the Programme for the New Urban Agenda and the Coordinated Gender Strategy, analysing and ensuring alignment of project budgets with logical framework matrices and work plans; programmes quality control and identification of potential challenges; monitoring of mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators.
- Undertake interagency activities; training courses, workshops, seminars on different themes to enhance gender awareness as well as gender decision-making and its mainstreaming in strategic areas.
- Liaise, under the purview of UN agencies requirements, with key national and internationals stakeholders, civil society organizations, NGOs, UN partners and donors to support the follow up the development in the gender approach, with special attention to vulnerable groups, and facilitate and enhance contribution towards the implementation of the gender equality agenda and the Programme for the New Urban Agenda.
- Identify and synthesize best practices, lessons learned and data collection to support knowledge sharing that are directly linked to the implementation of the Programme for New Urban Agenda and the Coordinated Gender Strategy, under implementing agency mandates and definitions.
- Coordinate different types of communications relating to gender equality, the Coordinated Gender Strategy and the Programme for New Urban Agenda together with UNIC and other agencies, in correspondence with interagency strategies on this matter.
- Support the RCO on the achievement of UN Country Team activities in relation to urban and gender questions, with a focus on creating strategic partnerships for UNCT Programming including UNDAF implementation and support of national strategies and priorities in these areas.
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP’s mandate
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Analyzes country situation to identify opportunities for project development
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals and ensures substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches and drafts proposals accordingly
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in one or more of the following disciplines: International Relations, Urban Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Political Sciences or related field.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in international/regional organizations, with proven experience in international/regional organizations and track record in project/programme management.
- Coordination and work experience in Latin America and the Caribbean region will be an asset.
- Experience working in International development preferably focused on, or strongly involving in urban planning processes and/or gender equality at national, regional and/or international levels;
- Experience working in facilitating knowledge management (lessons learned and best practices) processes;
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative M&E methods and tools;
- Prior experience in the UN System will be an asset
- Fluency in English and Spanish (the working language of the duty station)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.