Education Cluster Mobiliser
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Job Title: Education Cluster Mobiliser
Job Location: Nairobi Informal Settlements: Ruaraka Sub County
Reports to: Senior Officer - Education
Direct Reports: None
Officer - Community Empowerment
Teacher Coaches at Education Development Trust (EDT)
Fixed Term Six (6) Months Contract (Maternity Cover from 1 September 2019)
Medical Cover (Principal Only)
Life Insurance Cover
Personal Accident Cover
The incumbent will implement education project activities in schools and communities in the assigned clusters
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Conduct mentorship for girls to improve attendance, learning outcomes and transition for Most Vulnerable Children at school and community level
· Implement education programme quarterly workplan at school and community level in Nairobi slums:
· Facilitate Child to Child club and CC activities to improve protection and safety for Most Vulnerable Children
· Identify project beneficiaries and facilitate flow of goods and services to beneficiaries
· Represent Concern in cluster level meetings
· Collect project monitoring data
· Produce weekly activity updates and identify case studies and change stories for documentation
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
· To adhere to, support and promote the standards outlined in Concern’s Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
· A Diploma in Education or P1 Certificate (Languages or Sciences or Mathematics)
· At least one (1) year experience in implementing Primary Education projects
· At least one (1) experience in Protection of vulnerable children
· Working knowledge of Child to Child technique
· Experience in participatory technique, working with school system and emergency context is essential.
· Good understanding of cross cutting issues - gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and report skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
· Strong data collection skills using Digital Data Gathering
· Proficient in the use of computer applications
· Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
· Willingness and ability to work in Nairobi slums
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a
CV and cover letter only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Education Cluster Mobiliser’ by Sunday, 30th June 2019.
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Follow Concern online: www.concern.net
CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE FOR ANY KIND OF RECRUITMENT