Washington (United States of America)
Consultancy Title: NetCALC Consultant
Project Name: PMI VectorLink
Supervisor: Senior LLIN Technical Advisor
Working across 23 countries in sub-Saharan Africa as well as Cambodia, the U.S. President's Malaria Initiative (PMI) VectorLink Project is equipping countries to plan and implement safe, cost-effective and sustainable life-saving malaria vector control interventions with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Specifically, the PMI VectorLink Project will build the capacity of country governments to use epidemiological, entomological, and coverage data to support the optimal deployment of vector control tools within each country context while promoting gender equity in all facets of planning and implementation.
The PMI VectorLink Project is seeking a dynamic consultant to lead assessments of LLIN continuous distribution channels using NetCALC software.
NetCALC, an excel-based modeling tool developed through the PMI NetWorks project, leverages country- and context-specific data to model the potential of ITN distribution channels to most effectively and efficiently maintain LLIN coverage.
Specific tasks will vary depending on the needs of each country and may include the following:
- Desk review and data collection for NetCALC assessments
- Train stakeholders on use of NetCALC
- Review stakeholder inputs of each channel as collected during PMI VectorLink continuous distribution assessments
- Conduct stakeholder workshops with relevant stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, NMCP, and malaria partners to outline national objectives, review and determine feasible channels and the advantages of each channel; and identify principal options.
- Calculate current net ownership and access levels based on the most recent survey and the number of nets distributed since that survey
- Calculate the number of nets needed overall to maintain universal coverage (irrespective of type of distribution planned)
- Calculate how well various routine, continuous, and campaign channels may be able to contribute to universal coverage, including ANC, EPI, school-based distribution, community-level distribution, and mass campaign distribution
- Make specific recommendations for each country
- Technical report for PMI and the MOH to present the outputs of NetCalc analysis, identifying the optimal mix of LLIN distribution channels to maintain universal coverage.
- Trip report**Qualifications**
What are we looking for?
- Technical experience in monitoring and evaluation, quantitative data collection, and operational research including expertise in use of NetCALC
- Previous experience in using NetCALC to identify optimal ITN distribution channels with national and sub-national MOH leadership, PMI, and malaria stakeholders
- Previous experience in developing technical reports from NetCALC modeling for national and sub-national MOH leadership, PMI, and malaria stakeholders
- Publication of NetCALC results in peer-reviewed journals a plus
- Knowledge of broader health policies, health systems, and National Malaria Control Programs, and the Roll Back Malaria Program
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs in challenging environments
- Representational skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders in a professional matter
- Experience working with USAID and/or PMI a plus
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.