Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of MEAL Assistant in Maan. The successful candidate will fulfill monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning responsibilities. Specifically, the MEAL Assistant will be responsible for implementing timely and quality monitoring of current and future projects in Maan. The MEAL Assistant will also be responsible for limited accountability tasks and responsibilities.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Base Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Support in conducting participatory monitoring activities with DRC beneficiaries to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of assistance; this will involve conducting interviews and surveys at the community centres, hosting focus group discussions and regularly undertaking field visits to conduct household interviews, home visits and key informant interviews.
• Support the MEAL Specialist in testing and reviewing data collection methodology and tools.
• Participate in assessment tool and methodology trainings and kick-off meetings.
• Support entry of MEAL data as required.
• Support in note-taking at FGDs/interviews and transcribing any recordings.
• Adhere to all DRC data protection policies and data collection SOPs.
• Ensure accurate data collection, data entry and upload as well as basic analysis of information.
• Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with work plans and project timeline.
• Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the MEAL Specialist and relevant program staff.
• Work closely with the other DRC project staff, to coordinate who should be included in data collection activities and to maintain a strong programmatic understanding.
• Facilitate and participate in learning events and mainstreaming of learning throughout the projects.
• Identify and refer/report individuals with special needs, protection concerns, and any problems with DRC services to the relevant program staff, as well as conducting interviews/surveys to monitor the quality of referral services provided.
• Build and maintain good working relations with staff from DRC base and other bases.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Base Manager and MEAL Specialist.
• Collect complaints (verbally and in written format) from beneficiaries as assigned by the Accountability Officer.
• Enter all complaints and feedback received in online system, sharing with the Amman-based Accountability Officers and ensure proper documentation of data in the system as assigned by the Accountability Officer.
• Support and attend the program cash distributions and other distributions to ensure the implementation of the accountability distribution checklist and any other procedures assigned by the Accountability Officer.
• Conduct accountability information sessions and orientation sessions on the beneficiary feedback and complaints mechanism sessions for beneficiaries when needed under the supervision of the Accountability Officer.
Carry out additional accountability-related responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the Accountability Officer.
• Bachelor Degree in industrial engineering, social sciences, Computer Information Systems or other relevant area
• the candidate should have at least 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience, with basic knowledge of KoBo and analysis
• Advanced level in English and Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Designation of Duty Station: Ma’an
Start date: ASAP
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications:25 June 2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.