M&E Coordinator - Amman "Nationals Only" - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them.Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
NRC Jordan has put in place a Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to establish and implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management. The M&E Coordinator’s role is to enhance NRC Jordan’s understanding of the consequences of its programming, improving internal systems, and promoting evidencebased decision-making and programme performance. The M&E Coordinator will work with the M&E manager in ensuring that reports produced by the unit is of high quality and can be shared internally and externally to inform decision makings. Furthermore, the Coordinator ensures that M&E is established as a technical unit that offers relevant trainingsto program staff and promotes high quality assessment, evaluation and study designs.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems, including monitoring and evaluation standard operation procedures, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for monitoring and evaluation.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing monitoring and evaluation, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and monitoring and evaluation support staff on monitoring and evaluation technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor monitoring and evaluation support staff in executing monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Contribute to the design of monitoring and evaluation staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for monitoring and evaluation needs.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Lead the documentation and sharing of M&E reports that facilitate evidencebased decision-making, both internally within NRC Jordan and externally with partners and donors.
- Contribute to the development of the country office’s M&E framework.
- Implement guidance and frameworks for CO procedures, policies and processes.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate with a minimum of five years previous experience in relevant field, at least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or postconflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods. Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making. Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies. Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods. High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing). Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) and to have experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or R.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: till 31st of December 2019
Salary/benefits: 2227 JOD "subject to social security and Income tax"
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs