Language Program Manager Position in a tropical beach town in Bahia, Brazil
The ETIV Language Program Manager Position (LPM)
ETIV do Brasil is a Non-Profit/Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacaré, Bahia, Brazil. Our mission is to support environmental conservation and development in Brazil, with a deep focus on youth development.
Title: ETIV Language Program Manager (LPM)
Location: Itacaré, Bahia, Brazil
Reports to: The Director, Jaci Braga
Expected hours: 40hrs/week
Salary: R$1,400 BRL per month
Annual leave: 1 month/year
Holidays: The ETIV office will be closed on all national holidays
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Brazilian citizenship or permanent resident with work visa. Bilingual - English and Portuguese.
About the Role
The ETIV Language Program Manager (LPM) will be responsible for managing our English and Portuguese Programs. The English Program is focused on offering free English instruction to local children and youth, while the Portuguese Program is focused on teaching Portuguese to our international volunteers and interns. The extra money we earn by offering Portuguese classes to volunteers and interns will be used to offer free English classes to high risk children and youth living in the poorest neighborhoods in and around Itacaré.
The LPM will be responsible for the strategic development of both programs to continue to improve the impact and outcomes of these programs for both the local children of Itacare and for our volunteers and interns. The LPM will develop and improve the curriculum and lessons plans for both programs, while also integrating fun and interactive activities to students with a wide range of abilities and learning skills. The LPM will also be responsible for training and supervising any other English Program volunteers that may be collaborating with us, and to plan and implement weekly meetings with any/all English Program volunteers to support their work and their personal and professional development. The LPM will be also be responsible to work closely with our marketing and recruitment team to help us recruit more volunteers to support the English Program and to register more students for our Portuguese Classes and Packages.
- The LPM must continue to further develop our curriculum; plan and create our weekly lesson plans; and attend, supervise and/or facilitate our English classes;
- The LPM must also supervise, support and facilitate the work of our English Teaching Volunteers and Interns
- The LPM is responsible for registering new students, taking attendance at every class, evaluating progress and maintaining our English program database up to date and organized.
- The LPM must keep the English materials organized and make sure that they are always put away after every class.
- The LPM is in charge of recruiting more students to the classes, and he/she must build positive relationships with the families so we can improve the student's attendance and overall learning development.
- The LPM must set up Skype meetings with incoming English volunteers in order to prepare them for their work with ETIV.
- The LPM must prepare and teach English classes to children, youth and sometimes adults as well?
- The LPM is also responsible for strategic development and management of the Portuguese Program, which includes preparing the curriculum and lesson plans to teach Portuguese to our international volunteers and interns.
- The LPM will be also be responsible to work closely with our marketing and recruitment team to help us recruit more volunteers to support the English Program and to register more students for our Portuguese Program.
- BA required in teaching, linguistics, literature, English, Portuguese or related field; MA preferred.
- Bilingual English and Portuguese required.
- Strong leadership, social, communication and organizational skills.
- Patience, flexibility and punctuality
- English and/or Portuguese teaching certificates preferred
- At least 2 years previous teaching experience.
- Brazilian citizenship.
Details at a glance
Full Time Schedule
4-Year Degree Required
National holidays off
1 month of vacation a year
Itacare is a natural paradise that boasts a thriving Afro-Brazilian culture with beautiful beaches, jungles, waterfalls, wildlife and incredible surf
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual - English and Portuguese
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume or CV to email@example.com with LPM Position in the subject line
Rua Massaranduba, No. 26, Bairro Passagem, CEP 45530-000, Itacaré 45530-000, BR