Reports and Knowledge Management Consultant (Junior Level), Thailand
Would you like to work with organization that Saves Lives?
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. On average, WFP reaches more than 90 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific (RBB) provides strategic guidance, technical support and direction to WFP country operations in the region. RBB promotes innovative methods and tools to meet new information needs for evidence-based decision-making in areas like food security, nutrition, food systems, emergency preparedness and response, supply chain, etc. The vacant position is in the Reports and Knowledge Management Team, which is part of the Regional Programme Unit.
Position Title: Reports and Knowledge Management Consultant
Type of Contract and Level: International Consultancy (Junior Level)
Duty Station: WFP Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific (RBB), Bangkok, Thailand
Duration of Employment: 11 months, renewable subject to performance and funding availability
Remuneration: USD 39,930 annual salary (for 11 months of service, plus a competitive benefit package)
By strengthening the evidence base of WFP’s programmes in the region through operational information management and performance reporting; and by promoting knowledge management across the region and beyond.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Reports and Knowledge Management Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate the preparation of Annual Country Reports. To this aim, liaise with WFP Country Offices, Regional Bureau and Headquarters colleagues to organize the timely drafting, technical review and approval process of the reports. Help ensure high quality by performing adequate quality control of narrative and data. Provide guidance and support to Country Offices and technical reviewers, edit and proofread reports and promote their dissemination. Ensure coherence and consistency across the reports and follow-up on common issues.
- Manage the review and publication of monthly Country Briefs through regular communication with Country Office Reports Officers and other teams involved in the review.
- Review other operational information management products, such as Situation Reports, Dashboards or Topic Briefs, in line with established review and approval workflows.
- Support the drafting of operational information management products in emergency contexts through missions or remotely, where required.
- Organize onboarding of new Reports Officers in the region in form of a welcome message and briefing.
- Support knowledge management efforts by promoting evidence generation, sharing and usage. In particular, provide guidance and support on systems and solutions facilitating information and knowledge management.
- Contribute to the mapping of activities and innovations under the operational portfolio in the region.
- Support the analysis, publication and dissemination of lessons learned and good practices.
- Co-facilitate trainings/briefings on reporting and/or knowledge management-related subjects.
- Support the drafting and/or editing of funding proposals as needed.
- Capture decisions and action points of meetings as needed.
- Perform other reporting- or knowledge management-related duties as needed.
Master’s degree in communication, international relations, political science, economics or related field, or Bachelor’s degree with an additional two years of related work experience in lieu of educational requirement outlined above
- A minimum of two years of progressive responsible experience in data-driven reporting in an international environment is a requirement.
- Experience with promoting processes, systems and network to enhance knowledge management.
- Knowledge of UN system policies and functions is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite (incl. Sharepoint online) required. Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, ArcGIS) would be an asset.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills in English, as well as analytical skills required.
Fluency in English language (written and spoken) is critical for this role.
Wednesday, 26 June 2019 (Midnight Bangkok, Thailand time)
Candidate are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.