Technical Coordinator/Task Manager of Component III (Outreach and Resource Mobilization)
Medium-sized UNDP-GEF Project “Complete HCFC (hydrochlorofluorocarbon) Phase-out in Uzbekistan through Promotion of Zero ODS (ozone depleting substances) Low GWP (global warming potential) Energy Efficient Technologies” is aimed to support the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the implementation of its obligations under the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer.
Project objective: To accelerate HCFC phase-out to achieve the 2020 compliance objectives and sustainably reduce the servicing tail.
Project brief description: Understanding the implications of the Kigali Amendment, including conducting a comprehensive ODS Alternatives survey; facilitation of implementation of upgraded national legislation on control of import/export and use of HCFCs, other ODS and ODS alternatives; improvement of Customs capacity on import/export control and temporary storage of seized refrigerants; demonstration of zero-ODS and low-GWP energy efficient cooling technologies in various sectors of the economy both private and public ; and completing the upgrading and strengthening of the servicing sector capacity including recovery/recycling/reclamation of refrigerants. The project will also discuss resource mobilization from International Financial Institutions and Bilateral Agencies and local stakeholders to increase the investment to the RAC sector; conduct comprehensive outreach activities to increase understanding of ozone-related issues with a wide cross-section of stakeholders and end users. Gender mainstreaming will also be addressed across various components to involve women in the business of Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning.
Component 1. National legislation and capacity building of customs and enforcement officers on control of HCFC and ODS alternatives import/export.
Component 2. Strengthening the HCFC re-use system and implementation of demonstration projects on HCFC replacement.
Component 3. Outreach and Resource Mobilization.
Component 4. Gender Mainstreaming and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Project Manager, the Technical Coordinator/Task Manager of Component III provides operational and thematic services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Technical Coordinator/Task Manager of Component III (Outreach and Resource Mobilization) works in close collaboration with the Government counterparts, project, operations, and Programme’s staff in the UNDP CO to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery and undertake day-to-day responsibility for operational and thematic support services for the satisfactory achievement of the project component outputs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Plan and implement activities that promote increased awareness of the public in general and consumers in particular on issues, related to the ozone layer protection, including:
- developing the overall Project Outreach Concept and Multiyear Action Plan with the budget;
- developing and disseminating information materials (infographics, posters, leaflets, flyers, articles, videos) that visualize ozone-related issues;
- organizing one-off and annual thematic events as well as campaigns with the participation of the public;
- studying, analyzing, and when applicable, applying the experience of outreach of foreign countries on ozone-related issues;
- applying innovative approaches, if/when applicable to increase the efficiency of the project PR and Outreach activities;
- ensuring the quality of PR and Outreach activities conducted through regular monitoring and evaluation;
- developing awareness-raising strategy aimed at consumers of refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment in order to facilitate the usage by the population of the zero-ODS and low GWP technologies;
- organizing a comprehensive information campaign to attract the attention of producers, retailers and consumers to ozone protection related issues.
Coordinate project’s resource mobilization efforts to increase the application of advanced technologies in the RAC sector through:
- organizing the RAC sector investment survey;
- developing, based on survey results a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy for application of advanced technologies in the RAC sector of Uzbekistan;
- establishing and maintaining partnerships with donor’s/key actors;
- developing project resource mobilization action plan and coordinate its implementation;
- implementation of pilot projects for RAC sector investment in cooperation with the international development institutions.
- Ensure smooth and timely delivery of operational support services in accordance with work plans; analyze potential issues and respond appropriately to ensure timely delivery of agreed inputs. Define cost-effective measures for optimal utilization of resources;
- Ensure required monthly/quarterly/annual reports timely prepared/submitted and all reports consist gender-disaggregated data;
- Keep fully conversant with ongoing and planned project component activities to facilitate realistic planning of operational support services; work closely with the relevant staff of UNDP office, consult with national partners/beneficiaries to ensure timely and efficient provision of assistance;
- Participate in the planning and development of reports, knowledge materials and other deliverables aimed at enhancing public awareness;
- Plan and implement the work in accordance with the overall work-plan using both human and financial resources available in the most effective/efficient way and ensure compliance with UNDP procedures;
- Perform other duties related to the scope of work of the Technical Coordinator/Task Manager of Component III (Outreach and Resource Mobilization) as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment, self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team leader and facilitating team work;
- Manages conflict and facilitates an open communication in the team;
- Promotes learning and sharing knowledge and encourages the learning of others;
- Ensures informed and transparent decision making
Communications and Networking
- Has excellent oral communication skills and conflict resolution competency to manage inter-group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests of varied actors;
- Has excellent written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports;
- Demonstrates maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high-ranking members of national and international institutions, government and non-government.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the team through leadership and personal example;
- Actively mentoring project staff under her/his supervision;
- Leadership and Self-Management;
- Focus on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Competent in leading team and creating team spirit, stimulating team members to produce quality outputs in a timely and transparent fashion.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge on: 1) private sector development trends, achievements and issues; 2) business plan development and feasibility assessment; 3) gender issues, women and youth entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor`s degree in any of the following areas: Journalism, Arts, Public Relations, Public Policy, Resource Mobilization, Business Administration, Management, Economics or other related areas.
- At least 3-year experience in the field. Knowledge and relevant experience in PR and Outreach, capacity building and resource mobilization.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the political, social and environmental factors and issues related to zero ODS, low GWP, energy efficient technologies, climate change mitigation and/or low-carbon development in Central Asia, preferably in Uzbekistan is a strong asset;
- Working experience in international organizations on project related area is an advantage.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Uzbek and Russian are essential.
- Deep knowledge of Montreal Protocol related sphere and its associated Policies and Agreements is desirable;
- Initiative and strong leadership skills;
- Result and client-orientations;
- Ability to express ideas clearly, initiative, analytical thinking, ethics and honesty;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to work in a team.
- Skills for using ICT as the tool and data source etc.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.