Budget & Programming Assistant SC - 5
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference, the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that
no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 countries each year. The organization has a global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
To support budget and resource analysis and programming activities in the region, provide expert technical advice to COs to apply best practices that support the efficient, effective and compliant utilization of funds.
Under the direct supervision of the Budget & Programming Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Contribute to the review of Country Strategic Plan budgets, ensuring compliance with WFP policies and procedures.
- Perform basic analysis on fund and grant balances, to support fund utilization and decision-making processes.
- Contribute to pipeline management, facilitating efficient monitoring to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Manage postings of project documents on WFP electronic project approval system, ensuring figures are accurately reflected in all posted documents.
- Perform data entry in the corporate ERP system, ensuring key project information is accurate and up to date.
- Extract reports and information from corporate systems and compile data to support budget analysis.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports for further review.
- Maintain accurate records and files, including updating unit databases and mailing lists.
- Contribute to drafting documents, including Note for Records, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ad-hoc guidance.
- Any other duties, as required.
University degree in Business Administration/ Finance, Economics or any other related areas.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language is a plus
Minimum 4 years of professional experience in a related field.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (excel, word, PowerPoint) and other software applications, experience with SAP or other ERP applications.
- Excellent organization skills, analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to fast-paced work environment.
- Good data presentation skills and writing skills
- Ability to work well in a team and client-oriented
- Assisted with preparation of budget documents, supported budget analysis
Job Title: Budget & Programming Assistant
Type & Level of Contract: Service Contract - level 5
Duration: One (1) Year Renewable
Unit/Division: Budget & Programming
Duty Station(City, Country): Regional Bureau in Cairo (RBC), Egypt
Reports To: Budget & Programming Officer
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application no later than Saturday, June 29th, 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.