National Individual Consultant for Field Facilitator
The “Partnership Initiative for Institutional Development of Indonesia’s South-South and Triangular Cooperation” project is a project implemented by UNDP Indonesia with support from the Royal Norwegian Embassy, under coordination from the Indonesia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The project focuses on the achievement of three main outputs: 1) enhanced Institutional capacity in coordinating and managing Indonesia’s south-south and triangular cooperation; 2) south-south triangular initiative implemented: peacebuilding through cross-border local economic development between Indonesia and Timor-Leste; and 3) enhanced Indonesia’s role at global SSTC Forum.
The initiatives under the second output seek to support both the Indonesian and Timor-Leste governments in developing SSTC framework that would involve the local border communities through development of their economies and promotion of economic exchanges between the communities. In coordination with UNDP Timor-Leste, UNDP Indonesia facilitates consultation process between the government of the two countries to discuss and agree on program area of cooperation. This bilateral dialogue from central to sub-national level is important to identify the need and potential of border communities in both countries.
It is expected that through this “Cross-Border Local Economic Development” initiative, a higher level of economic activities and interdependence will improve the quality of life of the border communities of Napan (Indonesi
a) and Oesilo (Timor-Leste), which include women and children and will contribute to maintaining peace between the two communities.
UNDP is looking for an enthusiastic person for the position of Field Facilitator for cross border collaboration to coordinate the implementation at Suco level and to liaise with relevant local government officials on all activities related to the cross-border local economic development collaboration.
Within the framework of the project, the Field Facilitator will be required to implement the methodology in the area of Oesilo; assisting in the preparation, facilitating and running the planned meetings and workshops with the partners, local producers, Sucos, and other relevant stakeholders
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Manager (PM) PIID-ISSTC Project, will execute and ensure specific activities in the community and related Partnership Initiative for Institutional Development of Indonesia’s South-South and Triangular Cooperation” project (PIID-ISSTC).
• Engage and mobilize members of target communities for activities related to agricultural capacity building in the target border communities;
• In consultation with the National Project Manager, UNDP TL ZEESM Project Manager, the NTT Liaison Officer, and selected CSO, provide operational support (including logistics, administration and financial) related to the capacity building and other relevant activities to ensure successful project output delivery;
• In coordination with the selected CSO, organize and run the planned meetings and workshops with partners and stakeholders, including the meetings of border authorities, in line with the agreed vision and methodology, assuring and strengthening the sustainability of the project;
• Ensure that all planned field activities are communicated with UNDP ZEESM Project, and with RAEOA ZEESM authority;
• Participate in and report on the monitoring of progress of capacity building activities in the project area;
• In consultation with the local government, Sucos, community, local producers and other stakeholders promote cross-border economic collaboration;
• Facilitate the discussions and assist in the preparation of the materials and methodology to be used in the capacity building activities in the target border communities;
• Review and provide a summary of the existing policy and regulatory frameworks relevant for the implementation of the project;
• Suggest changes in the project work plan as required;
• Attend meetings, prepare notes and undertake follow-up actions related to the project implementation and monitoring;
• Organize and conduct translation and interpretation of verbal discussions/trainings, as well as written documents as required;
• Assist the set up and the organizing of the border authorities’ forum/ platform;
• Assist in the analysis and prepare monthly progress report of project implementation and help to evaluate against established project recommendations and plans of action;
• Other tasks related to the project implementation of activities and methodology.
· Must have more than 6 years professional work experience in the field of waste/chemical management policy development.
· Substantive experience in developing policy/regulatory framework for sustainable plastic waste management in developing countries/small island countries.
· Thorough knowledge of international conventions related management of chemical substances and/or hazardous waste will be an added advantage.
· Understanding of and practical exposure to the institutional framework governing chemical and waste management in middle to low income countries, countries with economies in transition and Small Island Developing States would be an advantage;
· Experience working in leadership and management position and good knowledge of capacity need assessment methodology as well as community development investment study and stakeholder consultation process.
Required Skills and Experience
Academic Qualifications: Must have minimum tertiary qualification on a relevant field such as environmental governance/management, environmental law/policy studies or relevant fields.