Market Systems Team Leader, Bangladesh
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Market Systems Team Leader, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Market Systems Team Leader for the anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Feed the Future Bangladesh Agricultural Growth Activity. To catalyze systemic changes in the agricultural sector USAID/Bangladesh partnering with the private sector and local actors in Bangladesh aims to provide agricultural development support through a facilitation and inclusive market systems approach. This support will be provided in the form of technical assistance services, and appropriate interventions (which could include sub-grants) through the Feed the Future Bangladesh Agricultural Growth Activity.
- Oversees market system team to design and implement sector-driven interventions that strengthen agricultural market systems, foster inclusive access to higher value markets, inputs, and services, and expand inclusive business models, integrating gender, climate change, nutrition and other cross-cutting issues.
- Collaborates closely with other Team Leads to ensure the design and implementation of a seamlessly integrated and inclusive market systems development strategy.
- Provides leadership in identifying inclusive market development opportunities, understanding evolving market trends, conducting targeted research on new/potential market channels, business models, or partnerships.
- Leads market systems analyses to analyze system performance and dynamics, identify the root causes of poor performance, and develop strategies to drive improved performance.
- Leads sector engagement to identify market-based solutions and incentives to integrate male and female small-scale producers into efficient market systems.
- Ensures the agricultural market system team contributes toward meeting project targets, supporting private sector development of market systems that provide equitable benefits.
- Trains, motivates, and councils market system teams to assess end markets and develop a deep understanding of constraints for market actors, female and male, along selected value chains.
- Collaborates with the M&E Manager to develop monitoring and evaluation tools, indicators and learning questions on market systems programming outcomes.
- Ensures reporting on required indicators and learning questions.
- Champions and integrates a Collaborating, Learning and Adapting approach into technical area, across project teams, and among external partners.
- Minimum eight years of experience working in inclusive market systems and value chain development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, economics, business administration, agribusiness, or related area; Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of inclusive market systems and value chain development frameworks and facilitation strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of market system dynamics and designing market system intervention strategies.
- Proven ability to effectively work in complex environments and multicultural societies; positive track record in gender and social inclusion.
- Experience working on facilitative approaches with producers, public actors, and private sector actors (buyers, agribusinesses, and financial institutions).
- Management experience and strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Bangladesh experience required.
- Fluent English is required.
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.