Business Support Assistant (Finance) - SC4
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Business Support Assistant (Finance)
Vacancy No.: 105627
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Contract type: Service Contract
Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
Salary will be set in accordance with established SC salary scale in place.
This post is open to Thai nationals only
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and conduct basic analysis of general ledger accounts;
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum secondary school education in related field.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Finance, accounting or other relevant field with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention
- Fluency and accuracy in both oral and written communication in English and Thai
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of UNWFP work routines and methods in order to complete processes.
- Experience in SAP/WINGS and other ERP software.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: Wednesday 19 June 2019 (Midnight Bangkok time)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.