Venture Manager - UK
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Ashoka has an exciting challenge ahead: over the next ten years, we aim to identify and support 10,000 social entrepreneurs in every nook and corner of this planet.
We are looking for an empathetic and strategic leader to join the European team that identifies these incredible social entrepreneurs, and carries out due diligence on their work to determine their fit for the prestigious Ashoka Fellowship. This role will have a focus on the UK and Ireland but will contribute to our wider search and selection work for new Ashoka Fellows across Europe.
If you are an accomplished leader and team player with curiosity about how to best create social impact, a strong understanding of the most pressing issues affecting the UK and Ireland, 8+ years’ experience, and are looking for your next big challenge, come join us!
- Develop strategies and systems to grow our network of social entrepreneurs across the UK and Ireland, with a particular focus on identifying diverse candidates (looking at geographic, racial, class and gender diversity).
- Manage the pipeline of potential Fellows: conducting research on individual social entrepreneurs, the issues they are addressing and the systems change strategies they use.
- Manage and grow our nominator network.
- Mobilize networks and strategic partners, and raise resources in order to drive growth in the identification and selection of Ashoka Fellows.
- Contribute to the European team, collaborating with other country offices and program teams to build and enhance a European community of candidates and Fellows.
- Contribute to Ashoka UK’s overall strategy, based on learnings from those working at the forefront of social impact.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for innovative, collegial, and highly effective leaders.
To determine if this is the right role for you, please see if you can answer yes to the following questions:
- Are you deeply curious about people and their motivations? Do you always want to better understand how something works and the potential for change?
- Do you have a track record of creating and growing ideas that have resulted in systemic change?
- Have you successfully mobilized financial and other resources?
- Do you consistently demonstrate strong social/emotional intelligence and have the ability to lead, inspire, and integrate very entrepreneurial teams with respect and collegiality?
This role is based in London with frequent national travel and reports to the Co-Directors of Ashoka UK, and the European lead for the Venture program. Please note: this is not a visa-bearing role – all applicants must have the appropriate permission to work in the UK.
If this sounds like your next challenge, and you want to work with an international network of social impact leaders, then we’d love to hear from you. We offer a competitive salary (based on experience), 25 days holiday a year and the chance to be part of a dynamic, friendly and committed team. We’re open to discussing flexible working arrangements with the right candidate.
To apply: please submit your application via JobVite, with your CV and cover letter, by EOD 7 July 2019.