PSE Team Leader (Economic Growth Expert)
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Team Leader (Economic Growth Expert) for the upcoming USAID/Nepal PSE Assessment. The purpose of this study is to a) identify opportunities to engage with the private sector by assessing investment opportunities that could address development challenges; b) identify constraints that impede those investments by the private sector; and c) map the roles USAID can potentially play to alleviate or eliminate those constraints. USAID/Nepal will apply these findings for strategic planning, in support of the great goal of setting Nepal on a path toward self-reliance.
* Leads the PSE Study Team and ensures the implementation of the study according to schedule.
* Conducts desk review of debriefing materials and revise, as needed.
* Collaborates with team members on the development and finalization of methodology, data requirements, data collection plan, and data analysis.
* Submits work plan for approval by USAID/Nepal CDCS Assessment Team including methodology, data requirements, data collection plan.
* Leads the team planning workshop, meetings with USAID, and oral debriefs.
* Coordinates assignments of locally hired experts and support staff.
* Leads the team in carrying out the study based on USAID approved methodology, including data collection, stakeholder consultations, and data analysis.
* Leads the presentation of preliminary findings and conclusions for debriefing relevant USAID staff.
* As the primary author, prepares the draft report.
* Master’s degree in economics with a specialization in development economics or international economics.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in economic growth programs.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating international development programs.
* Prior experience in leading study/research team; excellent skills in planning and facilitation.
* Prior experience in conducting growth diagnostic analysis, preferably using the Hausmann-Rodrik-Velasco Growth Diagnostics (HRV-GD) model.
* Familiarity with general trade concepts (e.g., relative comparative advantagem, RCA) and Nepal’s trade policies.
* Familiarity with the Structure-Conduct-Performance Framework as applied in supply chain analysis.
* Familiarity with the Mincer Equation to estimate private returns to education.
* Familiarity with laws, policies, and regulations affecting the agriculture, health, education, and construction sectors.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with various stakeholders.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, with extensive report writing experience; familiarity with USAID report style.
* Experience working in Nepal or the South Asia region preferred.