Upper Saddle River (United States of America) | United States
Join a Team Focused on Increasing Youth Civic Power at the Crossroads of Higher Education and Democracy!
Throughout its history, The AGF has helped shape the next generation of civic leaders, serving as a catalyst for young people to become active, engaged citizens who ensure a just democracy and sustainable future. During this critical time, The AGF seeks to increase youth civic power, and implementing its mission to make young voices and voters a powerful force in the American democracy.
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s goal is to increase youth voting rates by supporting youth leadership development, voting turnout and accessibility, and social justice initiatives on higher education campuses across the country with financial assistance to student activists and mini-grants to select higher education institutions.
Full-Time Position - Development Manager
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the creation and implementation of AGF’s annual Development Plan.
· Manage our donor database and improve existing systems.
· Track donor metrics to inform departmental goals and strategies.
· Initiate efforts to diversify The AGF’s funding from foundations, individual donors corporations and events.
· Write and track grant proposals and reports.
search donor prospects, initiate donor appreciation and cultivation activities, draft donor appeals, and organize direct mail, e-mail, and social media campaigns.Re
Assist with the planning and execution of cultivation and donor-appreciation events.
· Evaluate the success of each development strategy.
· Work to align the Managing Director’s, Executive Director’s and President’s calendar with fundraising objectives.
· Draft regular correspondence to existing and prospective donors and stakeholders.
· Oversee the work of junior Communications and Development staff by providing direction, input, and feedback.
· Assist with implementing AGF’s Communications Plan to elevate our brand and increase visibility, specifically focusing on donor communications.
· Create content for donor engagement mailings and e-blasts, including newsletters and the annual report.
· Occasionally write content for the organization’s website and external audiences.
Write articulately about The AGF, its history, and mission.
· Pass a criminal background check
· Daily access to a smartphone
· Have access to a car
· Extremely reliable, available on evenings/weekends for occasional events and travel
APPLICATIONS, NOMINATIONS, AND INQUIRIES
Please submit nominations, referrals, and CVs with cover letter via electronic mail to:
Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the completion of the search process.
NON DISCRIMINATION AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into our team. We encourage people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, as well as people with disabilities to apply!
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against current or prospective employees based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.