Digital Systems Officer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Digital Systems Officer to work in Knowledge Management Unit (KMU).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Assist the Knowledge Management (KM) team in the development of web system platforms.
- Provide support in the design, maintenance, documentation, and monitoring of open source solutions to support the CIMMYT Knowledge Management Strategy implementation.
- Provide support in the analysis, review, modification, and testing of new developments.
- Conduct technical risk assessments to ensure that systems vulnerabilities are dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor and report on the status of web based systems, servers and tools.
- Provide technical guidance and support to contribute to the development of the digital transformation process.
- Provide technical support and documentation on the projects led/involved.
- Training provision on Knowledge Management-related matters.
- Update information on systems such as videos, forms, data and other types of information resources into collaborative web systems.
- Ensuring the optimal operations of servers.
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, and/or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in same role or activities.
- In-depth demonstrable experience in the development and implementation of new features for existing CIMMYT repositories such as Dataverse, DSpace and/or Koha Integrated Library Management System at the code level.
- Intermediate level of the English language English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his/her responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Strategic Thinking, Teamwork, Innovation, Creativity and Pro-activity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19161 Digital Systems Officer. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, July 5, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.