Requisition ID: req5483
Job Title: Clinical Officer
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Isingiro, Uganda
The Clinical officer shall be responsible for quality clinical services delivery at the PHC facilities and supervise routine care service providers at both static and outreaches. Under the supervision and guidance of the Medical Officer in charge, the CO is expected to develop the capacity of subordinates by provision of On-the site clinical mentorship, support supervision and organizing for continuous medical education or continuous professional development for the facility staff.
S/he is responsible for ensuring staff duty schedules are developed timely and shared among units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- S/he will be expected to work within the health post and community in the catchment population and collaborate with the health implementing partners in the settlement. Responsibilities may include supervision of health staff and developing project review meetings and coordinating with the appropriate stakeholders.
- The CO will monitor quality of clinical services at facility level and during outreaches.
- Keep records of all health services, medicine and medical supplies, infection prevention and control. Responsible for the daily clinical assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients attending the health unit.
- Ensure proper documentation of the history, examination findings, investigations and treatment prescribed.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call challenging cases and relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Conduct minor surgical procedures in the OPD minor theatre i.e. stitching cut wounds, I&D of abscesses, removal of minor foreign bodies etc
- Actively participate in weekly CME’s held at the health facility or post
- Do health facility coverage and on-call as required.
- Participate in camp health surveys/campaign.
- Assist in daily morning ward rounds of admitted patients with the medical officer assigned to the ward and contribute to bedside teachings to junior staff.
- Keep complete and accurate inventory of medicines and supplies located at the health unit and monitor and supervise their usage.
- Liaise with other cadres in the unit in the delivery of quality health care to patients
- Adhere to professional codes of conduct and ethics.
- Provide health talks to patients/clients on day to day basis.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor
- Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent from a recognized Institution
- 2 years of work experience, with field experience in a health project implementation
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council
- Planning, organizing and coordinating
- Concern for quality and standards
- Ethics and integrity
- Self-control and stress management
- Time management
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals
- Deadline for receiving applications is Friday 28th June 2019
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis