Head of Programmes
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Programmes*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kathmandu, Nepal.
As Head of Programmes you will support the development, implementation and monitoring of the multiannual country programme. Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will maximise the impact of Welthungerhilfe on the basis of Welthungerhilfe’s strategy and quality standards. The Nepal programme includes four thematic areas: Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security, Right to Food and Empowerment, Disaster Risk Reduction, and WASH.
- Coordinate country programme and strategy development in close coordination with the Country Director
- Responsible for quality assurance and ensuring compliance with Welthungerhilfe’s quality standards and donor regulations
- Plan and develop new projects/programmes ensuring feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies and lead write-up of concept notes and donor proposals in close coordination with the Country Director, programme team and partners
- Ensure implementation of MEAL standards in the country programme and further develop MEAL system
- Further develop partnership cooperation and ensure active collaboration with partner organizations
- Support implementation of emergency preparedness plan and in-country emergency response as necessary
- Development of Fundraising-Strategy
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national, international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organisations and participate in coordination committees with other relevant organisations in agreement with Country Director
- A postgraduate degree in Agriculture or Nutrition or an equivalent degree related to the position
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a similar position with an INGO; regional experience is an asset
- Strong technical expertise in food and nutrition security
- Sound experience in project cycle management, MEAL and programme coordination
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills in English and German with a proven ability to secure complex donor funding
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel
- Professional proficiency in English and German (verbal and written)
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 31, 2019. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.