Web Editor and Social Media internship - Spanish
New York City (United States of America)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 177 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges.
At UNDP, external and internal communication—nationally, regionally and globally—is critical to achieving both development results and business objectives. Skillful communication broadens the impacts of new policies, helps governance reforms take root, and attracts and fosters strong partnerships. The Office of Communications at UNDP is at the forefront of advancing online communications and outreach within the organization .
The Digital Communications team works closely with the other teams in the Communications group to ensure that the tone and visual representation of UNDP branded products are consistent. Reporting to the Website Specialist the Intern will support the team conceptualizing and creating web and social media visual assets for campaigns, events and other promotional purposes (Spanish ).
Duties and Responsibilities
The interested candidate will:
- Research content and produce Spanish language material and updates for Spanish social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter);
- Ensure global campaigns follow up and support, and audience engagement on Spanish Social media platforms;
- Produce graphic material to be used on Spanish Social media platforms;
- Provide assistance in curating and presenting stories, images and videos in UNDP’s web content management system;
- Review and edit web stories, headlines and captions in Spanish and English, liaising with the rest of the team to ensure consistency across languages;
- Assist in reviewing translations in Spanish, proofreading and reformulating if necessary, for optimal web presentation;
- Assist the Spanish Web editor in maintaining contacts with content providers in order to solicit material for website, and/or for approval drafts
- Solid Spanish writing and editing skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Attention to detail is crucial;
- Responsible, responsive, and enthusiastic;
- Interest in global issues and the United Nations;
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment and be aware of political sensitivities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school Programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree Programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Experience:Web and social media experience are an asset.
Language:Native Spanish and fluency in written and spoken English;French desirable.
Availability:Must be available at least three days a week.
Application procedureThe application should contain:
- Brief Cover Letter (in English) stating interest in and qualifications for the post;
- Current and complete CV in English;
- Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.
Shortlisted Candidates must submit the following documents:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in a graduate-level degree Programme;
- Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical and life insurance.
In case an applicant is successfully selected, s/he will be requested to provide electronic versions of:
- letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- letter of recommendation from a professor;
- Copy of his/her most recent school transcript;
- Copy of passport;
- Copy of US Visa if the intern is not a US Citizen;
- Completed UNDP internship application form;
- Signed UNDP Internship Agreement;
- Medical Certificate of Good Health;
- Copy of life Insurance
UNDP Terms & Conditions for Internship
- Any individual hired under these conditions are not staff and therefore, are not
- covered by UN Staff Regulations and Rules
- UNDP internship Programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity
- The internship period shall not be foreshortened for the purposes of allowing an intern to apply for a position