Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Washington, DC. This position supports a fast-paced, dynamic office. The Administrative Assistant should have the ability to support a dynamic team of 25 staff members with various administrative tasks, basic technology troubleshooting, and other general office management tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for overall suite and facility maintenance ensuring that reception and common areas are tidy and presentable for a professional office.
- Maintain calendar and schedule for conference rooms and flex workstations, as necessary seek client feedback to determine priority when meeting schedules conflict.
- Coordinate conferences, meetings and interviews held in the suite (meet guests, set up AV equipment and phones, rearrange tables/chairs with organizers’ help, and ensure participants leave the room tidy and ready for use).
- Front desk reception, including greeting office suite visitors, answer incoming calls, route to appropriate party and receive and distribute mail, supply orders and other deliveries.
- Assist with set-up for the bi-weekly All Staff meeting (e.g. prep microphones, phone bridge, and presentations) in coordination with client staff and the tech support team as necessary.
- Take notes for OTI All Staff meetings and other events as requested
- Assist with basic IT support for the office suite, especially for client staff using the suite, including network connectivity, telecommunications, copiers, printers, AV-equipment, password and phone system resets, etc,
- Following up with the appropriate IT and AV vendors; as needed coordinate maintenance and service trips in consultation with supervisor.
- Order office supplies at least monthly to ensure adequate inventory. Make special orders to support training or other large-scale events as necessary
- Perform market research to ensure best value for special orders
- Train and orient new employees on office policies and procedures including programming badge access to the suite for all client staff.
- Assist and troubleshoot a variety of issues for client staff using the suite
- Provide information management support for the office suite (ensure proper posting of common documents, forms, manuals and procedures).
- Serve as primary area monitor for emergency response and maintain safety and security information for the suite
- Provide daily courier services between office buildings.
- Maintain awareness of staff movement in and out of office (regular telework days, lunch hours, etc.)
- As requested, provide day-to-day administrative support for the office suite (filing, preparing materials and documentation, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree with at least 1 years of relevant work experience
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate strong customer service skills including taking initiative to address issues and anticipate needs.
- Candidates must be flexible and adaptable while maintaining excellent organizational and administrative skills in a high-energy, dynamic work environment.
- Candidates should have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who takes initiative to develop and implement efficient and effective administrative support systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and basic software packages.
- Basic IT skills (introductory IT training and orientation may be provided for someone with a basic understanding and desire to learn.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.