Audit Specialist Roster
Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS is looking for an enthusiastic and well-experienced Auditor with an excellent judgement, and conceptual thinking.
The Candidate should demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral, particularly in English language.
Under the general supervision of the Director, IAIG, and under the guidance of the Manager of Internal Audit, the individual will conduct internal audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in accordance with IIA Standards and UNOPS policies and procedures. This involves financial, operational, performance and compliance audits, as well as the following related activities:
- Contributing to the annual audit risk assessment;
- Communicating orally and in writing audit results to management and making presentations to management is required;
- Undertaking frequent, and at times extended, missions to UNOPS offices as team member, including to areas with hazardous working conditions. Travel requirements are estimated at approximately 30% of the time with field missions lasting from 2-3 weeks;
- Coordinate project audits carried out by external field audit firms and monitor the status of implementation of audit recommendations and assess whether appropriate actions were taken close audit recommendations;
- Actively contribute to IAIG work on data analytics and any other specific projects.
- Support the Investigation Section and perform other related duties as required, such as advisory services, forensic and special audits etc.
Master’s degree in finance, accounting, audit, economics, business management, commerce or related fields is required or equivalent such as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Practicing Account (CPA).
Additional years of relevant work experience (2 years) in combination with professional auditing certification and relevant Bachelor’s degree, may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
Any of the following professional certifications are desirable:
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
National Audit Certification (CPA, CA etc.)
Certified Fraud Examiner
Certified Information System Auditor (CISA or equivalent)
b. Work Experience
Minimum 5 years of internal audit or other directly relevant experience such as Enterprise Risk Management, assurance, evaluation of risks, internal controls, etc. is required. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree should have two more years of relevant experience.
Experience with an international audit firm or supreme audit institution is desirable.
Fluency in English is required. Spanish and French is desired.
d. Key Competencies
- Creativity, innovation and initiative; result orientation and client focus;
- Analytical skills; integrity and objectivity;
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and oral, particularly in English language;
- Tactful and balanced approach in dealing with audit matters;
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems (e.g. Oracle/PeopleSoft, Agresso) and project management tools (e.g. Wrike)
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
- Contract type: International ICA
- Contract level: IICA 2 (ICS-11)
- Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: