Country Technical Delegate Health Turkey
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality
The conflict in Syria continues to cause internal and external displacement. Turkey alone is hosting about 3.5 million registered Syrian refugees and it has now become one of the biggest refugee-hosting countries in the world. The crisis continues to have an enormous social and economic impact with many local, municipal and national services such as health, education and water are under severe strain. Turkish Red Crescent Society is the main service provider for displaced population and has been mandated by the Turkish Government by the nation-wide coordination role of support to migrants, with special focus on protection, cash support and community services provision
In Turkey, Norwegian Red Cross will ensure that conflict-affected refugees have access to services related to health and protection.
Country Technical Health Delegate in Turkey
The purpose of this position is to support the achievement of Health and Psychosocial Support Program objectives through coordinating the design and implementation of programme and projects, as well as to follow up current projects of Turkish Red Crescent Society.
Three strategic objectives for the position:
- Ensure that Norwegian Red Cross supported projects in relevant discipline are designed and implemented in line with established technical standards and project management methodologies.
- Coach and support the Host National Society project teams in thematic frameworks and relevant technical standards and support the operationalization of those standards.
- Contributes proactively with other technical personnel to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and operationalized technical standards in relevant areas.
Some operational responsibilities
- Drafts Community Based Migration Program, Health and Psychosocial Support Program framework and yearly plans of action and follows up.
- Follows up and supports the cooperation with the Host National Society in accordance with the Partnership Agreement.
- Organizes needs assessments and develops fundable proposals.
- Consistently monitors planned and unplanned effects of all projects supported by the Norwegian Red Cross and reports on progress through quarterly and yearly reports.
- Ensures reliable data and information collection from all projects in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross results framework and drafts yearly results reports.
- Supports financial risk management, including annual audit process and proper handling of financial irregularities, in line with established rules and regulations.
- Ensures that Field Security Rules and Regulations for Norwegian Red Cross are updated and understood, and oversees their compliance
This position supports Turkish Red Crescent Society`s health interventions and carries out need assessments, quality assures project design, monitoring and evaluation plan, and provides advice throughout the project cycle. It trains and coaches Turkish Red Crescent project staff on the operationalization of technical standards and supports them in resolving challenges during implementation. The position supports and supervises the project staff on the community health promotion program implementation (eg.CBHFA)
We seek a person who;
- builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve objectives
- quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgements
- identifies and seizes commercial opportunities; has a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- understands the organization`s informal rules and structure and utilizes internal processes effectively to get things done
- demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area and participates in continuous development
University Degree in health-related discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience relevant for Community Health Promotion implementations
- At least 3 years’ experience in migration and/or disaster context
- Preferably project management experience in humanitarian projects
- Fluency in English in required.
- International driving licence (manual gear) is required.
Regional Representative MENA, based in Beirut, Lebanon
Position is based in:
12 months’ contract, possible with extension
Why should you apply?
Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity.
We do a thorough background check on relevant candidate.