Human Resources Associate
The Department of HROS is the central management and coordinating function for Human Resources delivery as well as building an organizational culture of learning, security and continuous improvement. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global Human Resources’, Office Services’ and Security management initiatives, reforms, policies for all IDLO Offices field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
The HR Operations Unit oversees a high volume and time critical service delivery for all IDLO offices globally, and within a multicultural stakeholder environment. Delivering an enhanced client service is a vital part. Under the direct supervision of the Head, HR Operations and under close guidance of the HR Business Partners, the HR Associate will promote a client-oriented and consistent with regulations and rules approach, with a focus on the maintenance of high staff morale.
Under the supervision of the Head, HR Operations, the incumbent will be assigned, but not necessarily limited, to the following duties:
Summary of Functions:
- Provision of administrative and employee support;
- Implement HR services and activities.
Key results expected:
- Provide administrative support to the Department and Units, and overall employee support:
- Assist with personnel and administrative duties of the HR function, including but not limited to, contract management, leave and absence management, employee induction and separations, and employee-relations;
- Support with the input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, deductions, adjustments and separations through HRMS and NAV;
- Within delegated authority, act as focal point for general HR related enquiries, research and provide answers; Escalate more complex matters to supervisor or relevant HROS team member, as required;
- Assist with Health insurance reporting through insurance platforms and other;
- Assist with the issuance of identity cards and visas to IDLO employees and liaise with the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and various Embassies to ensure timely issuance;
- Raise and draft general HR internal and external correspondence on own initiative and/or under general instructions;
- Ensure accessibility and updated information of IDLO regulations and rules, HR guidelines and communications, through IDLO Intranet and/or any other system in place;
- Preparation and follow up of Travel and Payment Requests, Purchase Requisitions for the HROS Department.
- When required, assist the HR BPs with the recruitment processes, including publishing and disseminating vacancies, interview scheduling, and with reference checks when required;
Implement HR services and activities:
- Ensure support to the HR focal point (Regional HR Manager) of the Sahel Project including with the talent acquisition processes, contract and insurance management, onboarding and induction for international employees;
- Support and contribute to the teams in implementing key processes and procedures which will enable improvements to current HR processes;
- Laise with the Director HROS and supervisor on various special projects and/or research projects;
- Perform any other similar duties as requested by the supervisor.
Ideal Candidate Profile
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or relevant certification is required. Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Social Science, or related field is desirable.
- 2-4 years of relevant HR support experience, preferably within international organizations/settings.
- Fluency in both written and oral English and French.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments.
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools.
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information, contributes, and encourages others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation.Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other ICT and internet softwares.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND COMPENSATION
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.The annual basic salary level for this locally recruited position is in the range of Euro €26,000 to a level commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus additional admissible benefits in accordance with IDLO rules and regulations.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to International employees. Kindly attach only Curriculum and Cover Letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Intern assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.