The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Financial Control Directorate (FC) - Financial Reporting and Accounting Department - Financial Reporting Division - Lending Accounting Unit
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st November 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
As a trainee, your role will be linked to different accounting projects to be implemented in Financial Control where you will assist the FC officer in charge, providing accounting assistance and enhancing the control framework as per indications. Inter alia, the projects in which you will be involved are:
- Implementation of a dual ledger in the ERP (first phase transition and mapping);
- Enhancement of the IFRS 9 related processes (including the loan automated solution for hedge accounting);
- Internal control framework enhancement as per the project ongoing in the unit focused on the solution within Q4 2019;
- Implementation and go live for the new solution for a guarantee call application;
- Implementation and development of the new inter-company process aimed at the rationalisation of the consolidated financial statements, to be implemented within Q1 2020;
- General Ledger optimisation project aimed at the rationalisation of the accounting and reporting processes.
Under the supervision of senior officers, your main tasks will be the following:
- Check the exhaustiveness, completeness and accuracy of data in test environment of the above mentioned projects ensuring the process the data migration and the first mapping;
- Ensure the compliance with different accounting standards in cooperation with the accounting officers, especially regarding hedge accounting;
- Report findings to Financial Control staff/other services in charge of the coordination of the projects;
- Analyze structured problem related to different accounting treatment and implementation of the solutions in the relevant systems;
- Document the identified risk and update the control processes;
- Track and report the relevant progress in each specific project.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University Degree (Bachelor/Master) in Finance or Accounting;
- Very good knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (advanced Excel knowledge would be an advantage);
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French. Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 21st July 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/jobs/work-with-us/internships/index.htm