The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Projects Directorate - Mobility Department - Air, Maritime & Innovative Transport Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st November 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The overall objective of your traineeship will be to assist and support the Mobility Department Procurement Advisor in ensuring the consistent application of the Bank’s procurement policies and procedures in the Mobility Department, in particular the proper implementation of the risk based project procurement supervision of transport projects in accordance with the EIB’s Procurement User’s Manual.
Under the supervision of the Mobility Department Procurement Advisor, you will:
- Develop standard Terms of Reference (TOR) for Technical Assistance consultancy services to provide support to Promoters receiving EIB financing;
- Check project data consistency and reduce the backlog in the Bank's data management software for the department's project portfolio with the aim of improving the reliability and quality of the statistics.
You will also assist the Mobility Department in other tasks, including the (ex-post) review of PJ documents, such as appraisal reports, procurement plans, no-objection checklists, completion reports, etc., which will allow the trainee to become familiar with the EIB procurement policy and the EIB project cycle.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Engineering, Economics, Law, or Procurement;
- Knowledge of EU Public Procurement Directives and public procurement procedures;
- Familiarity with the work of International Financial Institution (IFIs)/Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs), in particular procurement rules and guidelines, would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools, in particular in Excel and Word;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of another EU language would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 21st July 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/jobs/work-with-us/internships/index.htm