The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Personnel (PERSONNEL) - HR Strategy and Governance - HR Strategy and Transformation (Communication)
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st November 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeship
The Personnel Engagement & Communication team supports Personnel and the Bank in designing and implementing HR communication, engagement & organisational culture activities.
In 2019, the Bank decided to review its approach to staff engagement, including a review of its annual survey.
The HR Strategy and Transformation Division would need you to support the Engagement & Communication team in the implementation of its staff engagement project.
Under the supervision of the Team leader of the Engagement & Communication Team, you will:
- Support the follow-up of the staff survey launch in terms of communicating and reporting on the outcomes and possible next steps
- Contribute to the team's daily communication tasks (write and publish news stories around a range of HR topics, keep online platform up-to-date, support in the design of materials)
- Contribute to the team's change communication activities (designing and implementing messages, taking into account stakeholders' views, project planning).
- General team support
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree (Bachelor/Master) in Human Resources, Communication, Marketing;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools, in particular Excel and Word. Experience with e.g. Photoshop would be considered an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French. Good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 21st July 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/jobs/work-with-us/internships/index.htm