Senior Program Manager
Boston (United States of America)
At Last Mile Health, we obsess about exceptional work. Do you have a record of optimizing planning and performance in a start-up environment? If so, you may be our next Senior Program Manager for the Community Health Academy (Academy).
As the Senior Program Manager reporting to the Executive Director (ED) of the Academy, you will support the day-to-day priorities and activities of the team, focusing on strategic project management, operational excellence, and team communication. You will be critical to the Academy team achieving its strategic goals and building a digital learning platform with a global footprint.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute on strategic and operational plans, vendor management and contracts, and budgets across the Academy
- Scope and coordinate the expansion of the Academy’s work into new countries/regions and new partnerships, in collaboration with the ED
- Represent the ED in meetings with LMH departments to drive forward strategic alignment, proposal development, and budget development, synthesizing the information and feedback for quick decision making
- Support Academy team internal communication through coordination with team directors and development of a team meeting cadence
- Be available to travel up to 20%
What You'll Bring:
- A master's degree in business administration, public policy, public health or a similar program
- Past experience supporting a high-performing and geographically diverse team to develop and meet strategic goals
- Experience leading all aspects of a large-scale project or program from vision to execution especially when cross-functional teams are involved
- Excellent project management skills across remote teams and knowledge of project management software
- An understanding of budget management, especially those including restricted funding
You'll Impress Us If:
- You have done this work in the health sector
- You have previously worked in or understand the context of low resource settings
- You have a background or understanding of digital and blending learning pedagogy
About Last Mile Health:
Last Mile Health saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston, and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
The Community Health Academy (Academy) partners with Ministries of Health to strengthen the clinical skills of community health workers and the capacity of health systems leaders to build higher quality systems by leveraging the power of digital training tools. To accomplish this goal, the Academy is creating a global classroom, providing free, university-quality courses taught by and for health systems leaders to improve the quality of national community health systems.
In parallel, the Academy is supporting Ministries of Health to digitize their national community health worker curricula, equipping them with high-quality, accessible, and on-demand digital education materials. By providing dynamic clinical content on offline-compatible mobile devices, the tools will revolutionize the way that community health workers learn and keep their knowledge relevant and up-to-date.
Through these two intersecting streams of work, the Academy aims to drive greater scale in the number of trained community health workers globally, improve the quality of care they provide, and strengthen the primary health care systems in which they operate, thereby contributing to reductions in maternal and child mortality and the achievement of Universal Health Coverage—two critical targets in the Sustainable Development Goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.